• Show
Clear All

you know where I am at AA
    According to my watch the time is now
    Past is dead and gone
    Don't try to shake it just nod your head
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

In the Phoenix area I have tried to meet and evaluate folks her to see if they were someone I would rely on to assist if something happened.

I can say that about 90% were total wackos. Advocating things like modifying things that go bang and other things that made think either these folks were "off the reservation" or a very bad attempt to entrap me.

I have only a nice and nephew, Grey Wolf and maybe one or two others whom I would trust, bit we live 20-50 miles apart.

Then toss in the geography of PHX. You are surrounded by the Sonoran Desert and there are very few highways ie choke points out of the city.

There is little chance of going cross country and getting very far due to many canyons with a deep river in the bottom between me and the

The goal would be to head 2-4 hours east or north to the mountains for better weather and water. It would be great to have a cabin in those areas, but with K illness thats not happening because of lack of funds to make that happen.

Even if we did get something set up in the mtns, there is a whole new dynamic to try to learn and vet to be sure you were not just someones new wear house for supplies when they needed.

We live on a man made lake which would sustain us for a while, but we are in the middle of 3.2 million within 60 miles of me and bugging in would be a battle after while.

I am probably the only one in my neighborhood who is even remotely prepared for a few months with food, water and defense, but I am a one man show @ my 20.

So of it really goes down without warning, I am afraid I am looking at the Alamo of we stay.
      Last edited by AD; 05-31-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Not a bad idea. It was fun meeting Mogli on her trip. I'm in one of those "you can't there from here" kind of places; sort of the end of the road... but within 3 hours of the biggest N-S interstate on the east coast.

Occasionally I drive from here to Lake Michigan.

Comment

Count me in, I think it would be helpful if we quantified how far we would go to help each other. Example, I live I the middle of nowhere, but will drive 200 miles one way to help any of you. Mutual aid, it's important.

Comment

OK gang, contest is closed. I'm going to talk with Tex about the qualifying posts, we'll make a list and do a random drawing on them. Check back either this evening or tomorrow for the results.
            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Did I win?

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I don't want my locale listed anywhere. I'm a private person and prefer that nobody know where I am.
                The fewer who know me or where I live, the better.

Tex
                = 2
                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Hell, then change your name from Tex to Philly or Jersey Joe or something. BarBar2 worked, but noooooo!
                  "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

"Tex" works though, if people look for him around this state, people are just gonna shrug.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                      "Tex" works though, if people look for him around this state, people are just gonna shrug.
                      Or point to every other cowboy in town.
                      "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Ok guys and gals. I made a list of the posts, there were a number of good ones. Using the old random number system again we have a winner, Lynn get's the book! If you want I'll just bring it with me next week, just let me know.
                        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Congrats Lynn!

Thanks AA for a very cool giveaway.

Comment

Way to go, W.Lynn.

Tex
                            = 2
                            sigpic

Comment

Good going WL

Comment

Yay, I'm a random number!

Oh yeah, and a book, thank you!
                                Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-31-2014, 11:52 AM. Reason: Yes, just bring it, thanks.
                                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                                X