No announcement yet.

Contest Time II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm lovin this thread. I live in a nice little state right smack dab in the middle of all of yall. Since I don't have anyone here that I know, I was thinkin.......yep, I think you all should come to Kentucky. We have good soil, lots of pretty creeks and ponds, trees for shade in the summer, not too awful bad of temps in the winter (plenty of wood for stoves) and for now plenty of wildlife (deer, turkey, tree rats, turtles and fish, I like the bunnies so save them for last) We don't have many dangerous critters, no alligators, bears or lions....just a couple of bad snakes, copperheads and cotton mouths. The brown recluse spider lives here but if treated quickly you will be fine. The cost of living here is very affordable.(5 acres $25,000. House and some land for $150,000. The folks are downright friendly here. I sound like a commercial for KY. I just can't teach the ones I know to get into it, damn country bumpkins.

I really liked what everyone had to say. Maybe Tex can keep this thread going after the contest ends??? How bout it Tex? I think if we had more time to think on it, we can come up with some good plans together. For instance, I just remembered that I forgot to include Lynn on my dream tribe.

I could go on but I won't. I really do mean it, if it happens, I would love to have any of you.....well, I'm kinda iffy about MM, his avatar still spooks me and now he had made me picture Disney Land looking terrible...I just don't know.....ha ha, just kiddin' MM....well kinda.

My new slogan should be "Come to Kentucky, it is right smack dab in the middle"
    Last edited by Gena.KY; 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM. Reason: Keep the thread going
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Armadillos. Are there any armadillos in Kentucky??
      "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

I swear, I'm still giggling ABT, no, no, no there are exactly zero armadillos in Kentucky. I do like those critters. They are so ugly that they are cute. ...still smiling...

Comment

Time to import fifty or so armordildos. And gopher tortises, gotta have some of those.
          You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
          Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Bunnies eat gardens, if I can draw a bead on them, they're going on the menu.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Don't get me started on those useless ass gopher tortoises. Another government protected species.
              "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

But ABT, if we spread them around, we can bait spotted owl with 'em!

Mmmmmm, spotted owl.

Comment

Do it. On another group they use google map(dont bash) for plotting locarions of hams.

If we collect 50 or more. I can build a photoshop map and post it.

Comment

Maybe in one of the "group" areas that I don't think have ever been used.

Comment

Get your posts in, folks. I have a few things to do around here and then a WINNER will be picked.

Tex
                      = 2
                      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican
                        This thread has got me to thinking. What do you guys think of a place here where we can list the cities we live, not your address, just the city. That way, if someone here is traveling they will know someone is around in the event they have trouble. It would be a bit of a network we could use, knowing there is a friendly place in the event we need it. We'd keep it locked up from the general public so security wouldn't be too much of an issue.
                        AA, if I list "Jonah, Tx" people will just go "wtf?" And nary a thought after.

I put "near Austin" most of the time, because it works. I have made the offer before, if one of ours is stuck between D/FW, Waco, San Angelo, San Antonio, or Houston, tell me. If they're in Corpus, I send the rabid nieces (I love 'em to pieces.)

Comment

I like the posting cities, part.
                          Frankenrigger's family is from Kentucky (most of them).

But yeah, tribes-sometimes they need reworking, people need to take on different roles, and people need to be open to that. I found out who I can trust in my family, and a few have stepped up and really sacrificed to make sure me and mine stay in the local tribe, that to me speaks volumes.
                          Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

I'd rather pm each other than post it on even a private thread.

Comment

like a passworded one?

Comment

Post? What kind of posts? If it's fence posts, I want my son and funny friend there.

It'll still be a metric ****ton of work, but I'll be laughing from start to finish.
                                Last edited by Tex; 05-30-2014, 09:59 PM. Reason: For those curious: 1 metric ****Ton = 1.75 standard assloads.

Comment

Working...
                                X