No announcement yet.

Contest Time II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABT, I said I was sorry because I did one of your pet peeves.....I started a sentence with "so"
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

So I see. I've switched my obsession from that, but I hope I put an itch in people's brain with that.
      "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Miss Gena, I know you have a lot of friends. When the SHTF, put them to work, gardening and guard duty. Batman can fix and do lots of things. Also, some of your real close friends that you can trust will be good allies to have and to help Plus, don't forget your secret weapon that can come charging out a door at strangers with a shotgun!
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Gena, you have some supplies, and multiple somewheres to go, and some people (hunters can be defenders too.) You just keep building on it. Go to fairs and find people doing handcrafts, find the ladies knitting at the library or church every other Wednesday. Whatever is out there, follow it. Someone will say something or do something, or be trying so painfully hard to be perfectly grey man (while getting something from their huge backpack in the car trunk,) that you'll just want to say "chill, no one will hear it from me. If you're done, want to get a soda?"

You never know.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

"chill, no one will hear it from me. If you're done, want to get a soda?"
            or: "Hi, you look familiar. You don't know someone name of Morgan Carter, by some chance? Cool, I'll break out the LaPage's." Maybe the last is a bit forward.
            "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Looks like I spoke too soon in terms of my familial tribe.
              Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Originally posted by southernmom View Post
                Looks like I spoke too soon in terms of my familial tribe.
                Maybe, BUT, you still have the AA forum tribe!
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

You have until this evening to get your posts in, folks. Go ahead and give us your opinions and thoughts about MAGS and/or Tribes.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Tribes should stick together, not play on the frailties of elders who are titular owners of family resources to get their way about things. MAG, Tribe, Village, or extended family, be wary of poisonous members who might be jealous of those who reap the benefit of their own hard work. Sometimes they're easy to spot, playing grasshopper when the work most needs done, but mostly they'll have excuses.

I'm also wary of people who get upset at how I choose to use income they have no part of. I went out to pick up fast food, under the understanding that prospect A, B, and C, would pay for their own. Last minute, my walking garbage pail kid (remember those?) shows up, hungry and broke. I bought him something too, just as if he was one of my house. C, gainfully employed and can afford to buy his own cheeseburger, gets his panties in a twist because I want everyone to pony up the agreed amount, I didn't ask anyone to do extra to get even one cent of the last person's meal. I don't talk to C anymore.

My own brother, a liar, cheat, and self-angrandizing politician from birth, and no doubt will be til his death. His wife is a lovely person and has trained their son well. I'd have her with us in a heartbeat, were she widowed or separated from him. It wouldn't even get awkward at holidays, he simply isn't welcome. As a Baptist (and later here, leaning a bit unitarian,) I believe every human comes with a soul. I'm just not quite sure he's human.

I prefer to be around some people, and not others. There may not seem to be any sense to it, but I've noticed that given time, my preferences are usually the best way to go. In the end, I prefer functional, emotionally healthy over what kind of label they apply to themselves.

So if the end of the sanity comes, and you hear about some nutty group in Texas that has a mix of Protestants, Catholics, Mormons, Buddhists, a few hippies, the odd Jew, and lots of retired military people - check it out. I'll probably be in the kitchen, making some cornbread.
                    Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-30-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Texas, the odd Jew. I'm thinking Kinky Friedman. But I'm just as odd as he is!

Comment

Why am I starting to visualize a Rocky Mountain redoubt, a Texas redoubt, and a Florida redoubt, depending on where the shit is thinnest after it hits the fan? I wanna be wrong, but I can't see it being thinnest up northeast way. Hope I'm at least partially wrong.

Comment

Too many @$$ holes spewing raw sewage along the DC to Boston bit of coastline. I have some hope for Maine, but they'll be fighting off the ones smart enough to make it out of that area, same for inland NY, and out through the Great Lakes area. The criminals that run Chicago and Detroit will be quick to leap at opportunities to expand their control when they don't have to pretend to care about laws and people.

Comment

I will be reconnecting with a once like minded family from my past in the next weeks. Last I saw them was after Katrina. I am hoping they are still of the same mind set and we can strengthen our connection. I know they have good connections of their own. He's a native Texan and she a NC gal. They have been through hard times and have worked hard to get what they have, which is a beautiful home on a few acres.

I do think trustworthiness is a primary factor in who you bring into your tribe or MAG. Skills can be learned, talent comes from God and hard work, but trustworthiness, and life experiences are invaluable.
                            Last edited by DMH; 05-30-2014, 04:52 PM. Reason: added a spacer line!
                            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanBTGoG View Post
                              Why am I starting to visualize a Rocky Mountain redoubt, a Texas redoubt, and a Florida redoubt, depending on where the shit is thinnest after it hits the fan? I wanna be wrong, but I can't see it being thinnest up northeast way. Hope I'm at least partially wrong.
                              If everything falls apart in the summer, most will head north to cooler climates, if in the winter the leeches and dumbasses will ooze this way. Only the hearty and those already without AC in the summer before the collapse will stay.

I wonder what Disney World will look like after a collapse...
                              You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                              Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Probably something like this, MM:

Comment

Working...
                                X