No announcement yet.

Gardening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always pinch the suckers off . The middle ones that start at the Y of each branch . It will make the plants grow tall and not as bushy.

Comment

Make sure cutting/pinching utencils are clean so as to now spread infections to plants ,

hack away

DD
      OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Originally posted by dangerdan View Post
        Make sure cutting/pinching utencils are clean so as to now spread infections to plants ,

hack away

DD
        or your fingers if they happen to get in the way.
        Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Ok tomato trimming folks, any chance one of you could post a picture of your tomatoes post hacking? I want to be sure I am taking enough off....I think I am being too conservative, but I can now walk between the rows so things are improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwynmael View Post
            or your fingers if they happen to get in the way.
            I think I remember a story about this!
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Woo hoo, I just picked my first tomatoes of the year! Bacon & tomato sandwiches for supper!

Comment

tmp_20140802_075656-1157192479.jpg.

Here they come.
                Last edited by RD; 08-02-2014, 07:42 PM.
                Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

I have some canning in my future. Maybe salsa and some dehydrated tomato, basil and sea salts chips.
                  IMAG10141146938179.jpg

No I did not grow those. My friend who is a fellow prepper did.
                  These are from my little garden.

IMAG1015832453311.jpg
                  Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I have onion issues this year. Unless the Amish guy sold me the wrong bulbs. They are supposed to be Bidalia but the biggest one I got so far was tennis ball size. My wife has used most of them up making pickles cause their so small. Going to have to buy onions.

Comment

• I don't how many of you have heard of this but it great stuff enjoy the read. I've used it on my tomatos for a long time . http://www.floridagardener.com/manures/Azomite.htm

Comment

• Gwyn has her work cut out for this week. )
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by RD; 08-10-2014, 04:00 PM. Reason: picture craziness
                        Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

• RD the picture is corrupt

Comment

• jr - look again. Something weird going on with it, it was double posting (per RD's view) so I helped him delete the attachment but then I couldn't see it even though he could
                            (we use different browsers), so had him re-attach it.

Comment

• ah I see it now, I'll take a dry ice package of some of those

Comment

• Oh, and the pears are from Amy's tree.

Comment

Working...
                                X