No announcement yet.

Gardening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may grow, but we don't really have a spot anywhere close that a person could try it out. Right behind the house, the river is at the bottom of a very steep and very high bank. Provided we could grow it and nothing ate it, asparagus is one of those things way down at the bottom on the list of things I want to eat bad enough that I would even try growing it. If it grew wild, I would probably harvest some and eat it once a year, maybe. We have such a short growing season here, we don't devote alot of time or energy on things we don't really like. The Hostile Native wanted to plants turnips and cabbage one year, but has'nt since being as I don't even like to eat that stuff eventhough we raised it.

I realize this isn't really the healthy approach or viewpoint, but I still see vegetables and such as things that food eats. Peppers and onions on the other hand, are definitely worthwhile gardening pursuits.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Note to self: Never serve Tex salads.

Comment

Besides it makes your pee smell! But it is great wrapped in prosciutto or Bacon and toasted/broiled

Comment

Did you know AD, that not everyone has the smell receptors to know that asparagus pee smells?

Comment

I did not but mine does

Comment

...mine too.

Comment

Well, if she likes vegetables, you could put some roots in somewhere one year, and just leave them.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Some garlic that was missed being harvested last year, so it overwintered and grew.
                  Plus small carrots. We've not had good luck getting those to grow.

tmp_20140618_203629-950321392.jpg
                  Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

I am allergic to weeding. My arms always break out in itchy bumps!
                    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Thats whats news papers and straw is for, the rest is what Gwyn is for.

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                        Thats whats news papers and straw is for, the rest is what Gwyn is for.
                        Want to borrow my shovel Gwyn?

Comment

S'ok, got my own.

Plus it was funny cuz the tomatoes and peppers are his babies. Last couple of years he's spent more time in the garden than I have.
                          Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

The heirloom corn that I planted in early May was finally starting to look like it might do OK. We went to Wyoming, and left instructions to water, especially during the 107-110 degree heat. When we got back home, we found the corn dried and dead, but the bamboo 10 yards away was well watered and looking good.
                            I can't really complain, I didn't show them the corn.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Blue Stripe Drip Battery-Operated Hose-End Timer

Comment

tmp_20140624_1659511629347857.jpg tomatoes are starting to get with the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X