No announcement yet.

Dode's New Woodchipper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipper loaded and almost ready to chip..... need to make the screen cover for the barrel and discharge chute.

Stanley205cc6.jpg

Stanley205cc7.jpg

Stanley205cc8.jpg

I just put together this bin for the patio. Has anyone had one of these and does it need to have the seams caulked to keep out rain?

PatioBin.jpg

Does this corner seam need caulk?

PatioBin1.jpg
    Dode

Comment

I decided to forego the screen for the chipper and made a yellow tulle bag that fits inside the barrel and attaches around the discharge chute. It looks like it is wearing a tutu. The bag is not for lifting; it is simply to guide the chips into the barrel. If it works, I'll go ahead and make a muslin bag, which will be heavy duty. I'll take pics tomorrow and if I have time, I'll run some wood through it. Right now, I'm spending all my time spraying brush.... two more properties to go.
      Dode

Comment

I've been taking it easy on the injured leg and am almost up to snuff. As soon as this heat spell subsides, I'll fire up the chipper and give it a workout. I sprayed brush killer a few weeks ago and now I have lots of dead, dry brush to feed the chipper, too, in addition to the big piles of branches. Sure wish I had a video camera. I'm not willing to set my new laptop out there and get sawdust all over it. Maybe if I cling wrap the keyboard, etc.
        Dode

Comment

Working...
        X