X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sonja
    replied
    Originally posted by majtnkr View Post
    Hey all! Just bought myself an early Christmas present - Going Home - while fam was at B&N the other night! Am excited to get into it as I am retired Army Guard, combat vet, and am very concerned with the direction society is headed. Formerly working in the social service field I am now working for a major manufacturer in the area. Married 20+yrs, 3 kids and adopting another on Tues! GOD is good!! I am looking forward to the camaraderie and opportunities to learn here. And a big Thank You to angryamerican for speaking with "our" voice!
    Welcome! You sound like a great addition!

Leave a comment:

• reddawnspokane
    replied
    Welcome to the boards.  Books 2 and 3 get even better.  Book 4 comes out in June.

Leave a comment:

• W.Lynn
    replied
    Ask the writer.

Leave a comment:

• Av8r84
    replied
    Welcome Maj!! Hey Lynn will there be pre-release book #4 in WY in June?

Leave a comment:

• W.Lynn
    replied
    Quick reference.

Book #1 is Going Home, #2 is Surviving Home, #3 is Escaping Home, #4, to be released next summer, is Forsaking Home.

Leave a comment:

• kickstand
    replied
    Hmm, I must have missed this one. Maj, welcome to the frey from southern NM. Looking forward to visiting with you.
    And don't mind that young lady above, we had just smeered that mirror with paste.

Leave a comment:

• AD
    replied
    Originally posted by majtnkr View Post
    Is window licking allowed???
    Thats how this all got started

And this is our mascot. Technically not a window, but whose counting.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by AD; 12-23-2013, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• majtnkr
    replied
    Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
    Welcome. Please keep hands and other extremities inside the bus at all times, and please don't chew on the walls, we just had them re-upholstered.
    Is window licking allowed???

Leave a comment:

• majtnkr
    replied
    Originally posted by AD View Post
    Welcome Maj. Hopefully santa will bring book 2 & 3. How did you learn about Going Home?
    I stumbled across Escaping Home at B&N on a new "fiction" rack. Subject matter and seeing it as a series hooked me! The writing style has been very enjoyable in addition, soooo long story short - books #2 & #3 will be post- (pre-???) Christmas purchases, definitely!!!

Leave a comment:

• majtnkr
    replied
    Thanks! If anything like book 1, I will work thru them almost too fast!! Merry Christmas and a safe New Year's to you and your's!

Leave a comment:

• dangerdan
    replied
    Welcome to the board .
    Thank you for your service .
    This place is a well oiled machine ....

A Cuckoo clock 8)
    DD

Leave a comment:

• Kelly
    replied
    Welcome!

Kelly

Leave a comment:

• nichevo
    replied
    Welcome and thank you for your service. You'll find quite a few prior service members here. And remember, no questions are stupid questions. There is a lot of knowledge stored in the noggins of the members here....you just may need to swing your hammer a little harder to release it from some of the members. Congrats on the new kiddo...what a wonderful family you must have.

Leave a comment:

• jag06
    replied
    Welcome to our nut house Maj! Jump in and join us in chat sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Gena.KY
    replied
    Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. We do not judge others here. Ask questions or tell us something. Let us know how you like the book. I'm sure you will getting #2 & #3 soon. You may turn into an AA groupie just like me, but I will always be his #1 groupie.
    Oh, and thank you for your service to our country.....well....what used to be our country.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X