Spent the summer in the Winds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex View Post
    AD, I'm in complete agreement with Ski as to disclosing the whereabouts of any lakes that may or may not hold fish, it aint gonna happen. Not only will I not divulge that information on a public board, but I won't even do it in person. I was made privvy to the location, but I swore that I would not be guilty of gumflapping and letting any locations slip. Even if the coordinates were divulged, I bet there are not 1 in 10 who could actually make the trek in to find any mysterious fishing lakes.

Perhaps I should have warned everyone that AA is not the only fiction writer on this board. Ski is just as good at writing fiction and he even uses visual aids. There are no mysterious alpine lakes with world record trout. There are no beautiful panaramic views of the Great Divide in Wyoming. There are no freedom loving mountainmen here who can and will hide out in the mountains for weeks and months on in. The warning signs for the bears are all in Montana. It's all fiction, people.

AD, Ski extended an invitation to anyone who might like to go next summer. You know what they say about excuses, here's your chance to get in on some good fishing. I'm planning on going.

Tex
    Have to call BS on you TEX,
    Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

Just a good reason to visit again Tex. Gotta get optics on the new rifle first.
      Temperatures can go well below freezing at night up there Roach. The bonus to that is that there is little to no moisture in the atmosphere and the night sky is beyond any description I can offer here. With no cities or major urban areas here in this corner of Wyoming the view at night is absolutely breath taking. I hope to learn more about my cameras functions as it would be nice to have some more photos to share.

Comment

All I can say is, beautiful pictures of even more beautiful wilderness and some very nice trout.
        Thank You for sharing with us

Comment

Ski, I have a question for you. On this trip, did you have access to your stashes? I remember a long time ago, you posted photos of the goodies you had hidden here & there. I just wondered if you used them on this trip or did you only eat fish & what you carried in with your backpack? Just curious.
          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Indeed I did. Those are turning out to be one of the best "Bug out" preparations I've ever made. I'm working on some additional micro versions of the same philosophy with some of the same 40 MM ammo cans and the fat 50 cans. This will very likely become another thread though as the details are rather involved. I'll be sure to post the final and tested version here for every one.

I just returned from an extended trip up to another hiding spot this last week and will be posting some more tips, ideas and photos in the winter kit thread.

Comment

Have you tried any lures besides flies , http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Luhr-Jense...-/271745869188 , anything like these or spinners Mepps ?

Comment

Great thread man, and a great place. Have to admit that I don't miss it so much since the arthritis started, but I'm taking steps to minimize that.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Man I haven't had a good trout in a while. I can't wait for fishing season this year.

Comment

Originally posted by airdrop View Post
                    Have you tried any lures besides flies , http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Luhr-Jense...-/271745869188 , anything like these or spinners Mepps ?
                    I LOVE the big Mepps spinners and some other ones too like the Panther Martins.

Comment

Working...
                    X