No announcement yet.

Big quake soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclaimer: I am an ignoramus when it comes to geology. Some say I would be more accurate stopping that statement after the fourth word.

Is that weakness in the crust something that a large, man made device like a nuke exploit?

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
      Disclaimer: I am an ignoramus when it comes to geology. Some say I would be more accurate stopping that statement after the fourth word.

Is that weakness in the crust something that a large, man made device like a nuke exploit?
      Red- In my opinion I believe it could, although I have read that some have toyed with the idea of setting off something small to try and vent Yellowstone. The ones against that idea believe that would trigger the thing. All know is that thing is way over due to pop and if and when it does our world will change for many years.

RD
      Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

I would assume, based on the size of the event, we would look at something like a "nuclear winter" with massive cooling?

Trying to vent that would be like trying to use a needle to release air from a balloon it would seem. I would think it more likely to pop than leak.

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
          I would assume, based on the size of the event, we would look at something like a "nuclear winter" with massive cooling?

Trying to vent that would be like trying to use a needle to release air from a balloon it would seem. I would think it more likely to pop than leak.
          Red- You are correct on both counts.

RD
          Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Working...
          X