Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Forums

Thanks
    Thanked 6,297 Times in 2,050 Posts

New Forums

If you are having trouble getting into the new forum, use the contact button, or use this link to send a password request to your e-mail.

http://angeryamerican.net/login.php?do=lostpw

If you do not get it, send a contact request here... and include your phone number if you like so we can call you if needed otherwise we will manually send you a temporary password.

http://angeryamerican.net/contact

If you have problems we'll do our best to fix it..

A bit about how we protect your privacy.

A decision was made to not use google analytics on this web site, despite it being a key service that can be implemented. Too many companies already track your every move, we will do our best to make your experience fun, and spy free.

We may offer products from time to time, through Amazon or other merchants. We will NOT provide your information to any company, or individual.

We do not log chats, once it scrolls off the screen it is gone.

We limit open access to this forum, some areas of the board can be read without an account. If you do not want exposure there, do not post in those areas.

We limit access to profile / user information to users with an account. You can limit access to that information with a number of choices in your profile.

We limit Guest access to recent activity to those forums which are publicly readable.

We will limit advertising on this site as much as possible, and may offer subscriptions to defray the costs of software, maintenance, hosting & upgrades.

Hey we're looking out for folks here... that's its.. if you're just snooping around or here for nefarious reasons, be aware, we snoop back.
    Last edited by angeryamerican; 08-28-2013 at 06:02 PM.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to unseenone For This Useful Post:

Missouri Ozarks, in the holler just down the hill.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 474 Posts
    Looks ike a decent policy so far. Nothing should be cast in cement as things will change as the bugs get shook out.
    sic semper tyrannis mortem
    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
    ---Proverbs 2:23

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 555 Posts
    Got my vote of approval.
    If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockntoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,639 Times in 2,215 Posts
    This may cause people to throw rocks at me, but I actually like the advertising on some boards. Like over on SB, the ads seem to mimick the theme of the board and I have actually found several items that I didn't realize I was interested in. If it comes down to it, I wouldn't mind seeing some ads. I also would not be opposed to helping pay for this site either. I've told AA that several times. Whatever y'all decide is fine with me, but do let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

Tex
    = 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 4,522 Posts
    I don't mind a few of the right kind of ads either. Useful stuff kind of ads, companies we'd go out of our way to support anyway, etc.

Same for memberships, not to be anything special, just to support a resource.
    quam minimum credula postero

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to W.Lynn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,254 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Ditto the above
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMH For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,050 Posts
    I ditto DMH's ditto.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gena.KY For This Useful Post:

Missouri Ozarks, in the holler just down the hill.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 Times in 474 Posts
    Whatta we got here? A bunch of ditto heads! :P
    sic semper tyrannis mortem
    A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
    ---Proverbs 2:23

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,062 Times in 1,311 Posts
    This is pretty basic. We want to protect your privacy to the extent we can. We also will seek out and shit can any undesirables, read that spammers or other bots.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,572 Times in 4,522 Posts
    And spooks, though many gov't employees (including spooks) would certainly be welcome if they leave work at the office, and just hang out with us.

Spooks & JBTs is people too, mostly. I've met decent ones (and I've met a few of the others, creep me out.)
    quam minimum credula postero

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to W.Lynn For This Useful Post: