X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zef_66
    replied
    Originally posted by MillenniumMan View Post
    .69 per box of 1lb macaroni shells at Giant, 10 box limit per visit with the club card. After 4 trips in and out and getting canned cheese, I brought everything home.
    Something like this, you don't just pass up.
    The local discount grocery store has macaroni in several different shapes for the same price all the time if you buy a case of 20lbs. It's where I usually head when I need pasta.

Leave a comment:

• MillenniumMan
    replied
    .69 per box of 1lb macaroni shells at Giant, 10 box limit per visit with the club card. After 4 trips in and out and getting canned cheese, I brought everything home.
    Something like this, you don't just pass up.

Leave a comment:

• Sacajawea
    replied
    W. - here's our swamp water jello shot recipe:

Berry blue jello
    1 c. water
    1 c. Fireball whiskey

To me, it takes like blueberry pie with a kick.

Leave a comment:

• reddawnspokane
    replied
    Also check the ads for corresponding coupons. Items tend to go on sale in 3 month rotations.

Leave a comment:

• Betty Buckshot
    replied
    Shopping the store sale flyers helps too. If you find it on sale buy 6 or a whole case depending on product/price.

Leave a comment:

• W.Lynn
    replied
    Also buy in themes. The spouse I so adore is coming up on a day of consuming only clear liquids, prior to some tests. I could have covered this occasion entirely with supplies in the house already, but he grew up consuming lots of store-bought because his mom worked full time, and actually developed a taste for that stuff. So off to the store for gatorade, packaged broths (ick,) and flavored gelatin.

I'm seeing an excuse for jello-shots in my near future.

Leave a comment:

• Zef_66
    replied
    Originally posted by aramark View Post
    How I do it if I need two cans of soup for dinner I buy 4. Put two away and don't use them. I try to do this with everything food related, dry foods too have alot 70 pounds of pasta.
    This is a good idea to start getting a good pantry setup. But don't forget to rotate your food preps as well. When you buy 4 four and use 2. The other two need to go to the back of your preps. Then if you need something without running to the store, you take from the front, or the oldest preps first. This will make sure you always have the freshest food possible.

Leave a comment:

• aramark
    started a topic prepping

prepping

How I do it if I need two cans of soup for dinner I buy 4. Put two away and don't use them. I try to do this with everything food related, dry foods too have alot 70 pounds of pasta.
Working...
X