No announcement yet.

Lets talk Radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That ground strap isn't hooked to anything yet, I scraped down to metal underneath the mount and it seems to be working fine, got into 14.300's Maritime net without issues when I tested it. I'm going to pull it back apart and put some conductive grease under it before I put my toolbox back on over it

Comment

Use Rainx on the whip it will clean it and protect it. Salt goo in particular will really mess up your antenna transmissions.

Comment

I've been needing to get more rainx to redo my windshield anyhow

Comment

Jr, it looks like you just used screws. Am I seeing that right? The metal on truck beds is pretty thin and it is sometimes wise to use bolts and have a steel plate on top and bottom to keep everything intact for the longterm. The wind and vibration will cause the metal to fatigue and crack around the mount.

Tex
          = 2
          sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
            Jr, it looks like you just used screws. Am I seeing that right? The metal on truck beds is pretty thin and it is sometimes wise to use bolts and have a steel plate on top and bottom to keep everything intact for the longterm. The wind and vibration will cause the metal to fatigue and crack around the mount.

Tex
            There is a stainless steel plate under it, the screws where supplied with the mount, ive considered getting regular stainless bolts fot it

Comment

Maybe some loctite on the threads?
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I think I'm going to do that at the same time that I get hex head bolts for it, just for extra piece of mind

Comment

Working...
                X