No announcement yet.

Complete AR-15 kit from Slickguns/Brownells for $404

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck and let me know when it comes in. If you need any help PM me and I will send you my phone #

Did you order the lower too?

While you waiting stock up on ammo and magazines.

Comment

I didn't get the lower...I found a FFL guy locally that has them for $75, so with the cost plus transfer its just about the same. He says he has lots...so I have that option, but I am still looking for a private party sale...to avoid another list.

Comment

Roger that on the list. Post an ad on craigslist or arms list.

On the ammo front. Anything less than 40¢ a round is decent.
        Look here https://www.laxammo.com/ammunition/5.56-ammo/50
        As well http://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato

Ammo seek has a column that list the price per round.

Dont buy Wolf steel cased ammo.

Get brass cased ammo. Then save it when you shoot. Even if you dont reload yet, save everything.

Get both steel and Magpul mags. brownells has some good pricing on 30 rounders here for $9 which is great.

You will need a rear site. This is my fav and what i would recommend to anyone here. Two size of apertures for close or long range.
        http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod25157.aspx. Its procey but well worth it. $129

Or there is a polymer Magpul for 1/2 the price $55
        Last edited by AD; 10-23-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Good to know about Brass, I would have probably just bought Wolf...because I didn't know better. The sheriff friend of mine will be bringing his family to our location if SHTF and he reloads and has plans to get all his equipment mobile. I am now addicted to wikiarms and have scored almost 1000 rounds of 22lr, plus some 380 and some 12 gauge. I am feeling better about security everyday, this AR will sure help tho.

Comment

Glad i could get you to spend money

I think a AR is just about the best all around long gun to own. Its easy to shoot for both men and women, is relatively low cost. Effective at long ranges and can be used for hunting. Pick up some HP(hollow point) and SP(soft point) rounds for hunting.

A FMJ(full metal jacket) can be used to bring down game the other rounds will give you a better chance if meat is the concern.

Grab some green tips(metal core) also in case you "meat" is hiding behind cover.

Your sheriff friend can help with all of this.

Comment

I would suggest you get the magpul ambi sling adapter and install on the initial build.

Then look for a good single point sling like a Condor.

Built For Everyday Heroes. Makers of High Quality Tactical Gear and Tactical Clothing at Unbeatable Prices. Expect More. Get More. Pay Less. Sign-Up For The Latest Intel & Access To Exclusive Offers. Free Shipping On $99+. Hassle-Free Returns. From Military to SWAT to Prepared Citizens, We've Got You Covered.

This is a demo of a few Condor Outdoor slings. In the video you will see the STRYKE sling and the Speedy 2 PT sling.

Comment

So doublel

Let me know the status of your delivery when you know.

Comment

yo Double. Any parts yet??????

Comment

D

Dont for get to order spare part/field repair kits for the new project.

Having a good carbon scraper is another thing most people forget. Since this is a gas driver system, the bolt face and barrel locking logs get really fouled with carbon and keep this clean will make sure it cycles w/o having to use the FWD assist.

Also look for a free float hand guard when you can affor it. It will help improve the accuracy by not screwing with barrel hormonics. It will also allow for lights and grips to be attached. If you can afford the quad rail when you build you will be farther ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by AD View Post
                      I would suggest you get the magpul ambi sling adapter and install on the initial build.

Then look for a good single point sling like a Condor.

Built For Everyday Heroes. Makers of High Quality Tactical Gear and Tactical Clothing at Unbeatable Prices. Expect More. Get More. Pay Less. Sign-Up For The Latest Intel & Access To Exclusive Offers. Free Shipping On $99+. Hassle-Free Returns. From Military to SWAT to Prepared Citizens, We've Got You Covered.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOooin50bY
                      Have you looked into these?

Comment

What rear site did you choose?

Comment

I got the $129 from Brownells, if I am going to the time I may as well make it bad a**. I ordered the sling adapter, haven't gotten set on a sling yet...

Comment

This may help too...

According to my watch the time is now
                            Past is dead and gone
                            Don't try to shake it just nod your head
                            Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Originally posted by doublel View Post
                              I got the $129 from Brownells, if I am going to the time I may as well make it bad a**. I ordered the sling adapter, haven't gotten set on a sling yet...
                              That rear site is a great one. Look at the condor single point slings or something similar. Now this slingle point sling is for tactical type carry/shootng. On my AR with the 20 inch flutted barrel, i have a standard 2 point sling...the kind you use to stablize the rifle for long distance shooting.

Comment

AD is Palmetto State armory legit? I was thinking of ordering this while they had it on sale, then getting another 80.

Comment

Working...
                                X