X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn, that's awesome. Never did get to see Fisty's

Comment

Originally posted by CasterTroy View Post
      Hmm...lets test that theory......nope [ATTACH=CONFIG]2457[/ATTACH]Nicknamed "Shaq" (big, black, goofy looking) this is mine. It's "chicken teeth" as one of my friends called it....a 6 speed manual, diesel, short bed, 4x4, crew cab, dually. I wanted something that could fit in the garage. I was going for an F-150 but since the yuppies and suits all started buying them and suburbans...well...they went all stupid on the amenities as well as price. You can't BUY a handshaker F-150 now. So when I found this truck used in Indiana with 75k on the clock in Indiana for less than my budget....well...I jumped on it. Slowly making upgrades.My best friend is the service manager at Cummins Atlantic and we're patiently trying to score a 12v mechanical for a slow build. But the stock engine runs fine with less than 10 degree difference. But I went ahead and replaced the oil cooler, flushed the anti-freeze and did an EGR delete just in case ( Achilles heel of that engine)Use to have all chrome bumpers and grille but I've swapped those out to run a little less shiny.
      what year 6.0? Depending on the year there may be a few things you wanna think about having done or doing yourself as a just encase kinda thing

Comment

Originally posted by junior125 View Post
        what year 6.0? Depending on the year there may be a few things you wanna think about having done or doing yourself as a just encase kinda thing

Already had the oil cooler replaced

Comment

Snap to Connect fitting been replaced? they have a tendency to fall apart and can cause a headache, buddy of mine had his fail and crack his rear engine cover, the replacement piece is a solid piece

Comment

Originally posted by junior125 View Post
            Snap to Connect fitting been replaced? they have a tendency to fall apart and can cause a headache, buddy of mine had his fail and crack his rear engine cover, the replacement piece is a solid piece

No, haven't replaced that. May have to consider now that you've made me paranoid about it

Just now coming close to having 90k miles on it

Comment

Originally posted by CasterTroy View Post
              No, haven't replaced that. May have to consider now that you've made me paranoid about it Just now coming close to having 90k miles on it
              not trying to, just don't want you getting stuck on the side of the road because of it, turbo needs to come out and since your EGR is deleted you should be able to pull the HPOP cover off without pulling the intake manifold

Comment

Working...
              X