No announcement yet.

Problem Peeling Boiled Eggs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking about eggs, have any of you frozen extra eggs in ice cube trays?

Crack the egg into the individual "cube" spots and freeze. Then pop out the amount you need, defrost and use as usual. I did hear that they do not seperate very well after being frozen. So if I you want seperated eggs, you need to do that before freezing.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

I do this or scramble them and use them in cooking. They seem to need about a teaspoon of water to thin them back out to normal consistency after freezing.

Comment

I used to buy 20-30 doz eggs at Easter week, when they were really cheap (this year they were not $.59 or $.79/doz. Had to pay $1.09...the days of cheap Easter eggs are over). I would crack them into quart freezer bags and put in the freezer. I only put a doz eggs in each bag, because it takes me too long to use 2 doz. When needed, just set a frozen bag in the fridge, and it will slowly defrost, so put them into the fridge a week in advance of needing them. When they're defrosted, put in a blender and mix until frothy and then put into a quart jar w/lid. Pour as needed for scrambled eggs, recipes, etc. Prior to pouring, give the jar a little shake if needed.
        Dode

Comment

After struggling to peel 7 dozen fresh eggs, for pickling, I bought an egg piercer, by Fox Run (get it on Amazon). No kidding, this makes peeling fresh eggs much easier. I did notice that adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water helped additionally. Just pierce the egg with the egg piercer, or use a 'note tack' to pierce the round end of the egg. Cook as the previous posters suggested.
          Dode

Comment

Originally posted by Dode View Post
            After struggling to peel 7 dozen fresh eggs, for pickling, I bought an egg piercer, by Fox Run (get it on Amazon). No kidding, this makes peeling fresh eggs much easier. I did notice that adding a teaspoon of baking soda to the water helped additionally. Just pierce the egg with the egg piercer, or use a 'note tack' to pierce the round end of the egg. Cook as the previous posters suggested.
            Have you tried it "my way" yet?.....
            Kessler
            I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
            INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Break a small hole in the shell. Cup the egg in both hands and blow into the small hole. Should separate the egg from the shell. Hope it helps:-)

Comment

[QU=Kessler;39534]Have you tried it "my way" yet?.....[/QUOTE]
                I have noticed an huge difference if the eggs are too fresh. I only have problems peeling when the eggs are boiled too soon after purchasing them. That's where the egg piercer comes in handy. It allows easy peeling of super fresh eggs.
                Dode

Comment

Working...
                X