No announcement yet.

Chickens! (Someday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dd, a friend of mine scrounged some chain link fencing for over the top. One person I know had a grid of rebar over his decorative koi pond. Not so decorative, but at least he stopped losing his expensive big goldfish from local raptors. I'm not sure what chicken wire goes for, but it's probably cheaper than rebar.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
      dd, a friend of mine scrounged some chain link fencing for over the top. One person I know had a grid of rebar over his decorative koi pond. Not so decorative, but at least he stopped losing his expensive big goldfish from local raptors. I'm not sure what chicken wire goes for, but it's probably cheaper than rebar.
      You can pick up a pretty substantial roll of poultry fence (hex wire) for $50 or less at any chain hardware store. You can also snag what many people around here call "hardware cloth" with can be either metal or nylon mesh of half inch squares. Seems pretty effective at keeping your flock in--and keeping critters out. Hardware cloth is usually a good amount cheaper, especially if you go with nylon.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X