Chickens and all things fowl..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Update

Compost the Raccoon, who was wanted in connection with a double duck homicide was himself killed in a bloody but decidedly one sided gun battle early this morning. The manhunt culminated in Compost being trapped when he returned to the scene of the original killings. When approached he reacted violently and was fired upon resulting in his death.

20160430_073150_small.png
    20160430_074214_small.png

Comment

• Coop mahal is open for business

The new coop is finally ready for residents. They were moved in on Monday, May 9, 2015. They seem to like their new residence. I took the smaller coop and moved it next to the Big coop and made an annex or a guest cottage or a time out space, which ever is needed at the time. There is one rooster and one hen in the guest cottage because the other rooster is picking on them, so I moved them away from him. But if he doesn't change his attitude he will be put in the time out space and the others will be put into the Big house .
      Attached Files

Comment

• The white rooster and the red hen you see in the picture are currently in the guest cottage.

Comment

• Gwyns new chicken nuggets. )

RD

20160514_172539.jpg

20160514_180233.jpg

20160514_180241.jpg
          Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

• They are cute RD. Mine will be here in June.

Comment

• What breed are they?

Our last batch of chicks are already out with the main flock. We have some 3 weeks old ducks in the brooder area of the coop who are raring to go.

Comment

• barred rock and speckled sussex.

RD
                Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

• Nice. Got a friend with some barred rocks - they're a little more outgoing than the rest of her hens, I like them - and their eggs.
                  quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• Here's how to control, out of control chickens... the one that got away, however, probably has close ties to a certain Michigan gang of Thug chickens...

A group of roosters have been captured in New Zealand after animal rescue staffers got them drunk on whiskey, local media reports.

Comment

• We've got some overachieving ducks. First a mallard who hatched 12 of 15 about 4 weeks ago. They'll be mixed as we no longer have any Mallard Drakes. Everyone survived and they are now running around as part of the flock. The second as a pair of coparenting hens (a Cayoga and a Buff). They shared a nest and have batted 16 out of 19. This adds 30 new ducks to our previous flock.

I see an inventory reduction sale in my future.

Oh we had another Mallard Hen hatch a chick. Most likely from an Americana. She had 4 other eggs in her nest but lost them to a snake. I had checked on her at noon and all was good. When I went out she was out at one of the mini ponds in a panic. I checked the nest and the eggs were gone as well as the chick. I was ready to caulk it all up as a loss when I heard a loud chirp. Mrs Joe and I started looking around the 1/2acre wooded area where the nest was. After about an hour of moving and listening we finally caught sight of him. It took us a few minutes to pinpoint him/her. The Mallard hen and chick are together in a brooder box until next weekend or so.
                      Last edited by Boston_Joe; 05-25-2018, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Serious question Joe: will you be putting the extras in the freezer?
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

• Nope, but I do love roast duck. Unfortunately Mrs Joe made me promise that we would let our birds die of natural causes. I've grudgingly lived up to my end of the deal and we've sold off our surplus birds. I don't ask any too many questions about their new homes.

Comment

• I understand, no judgment here.
                            Defund the Media !!

Comment

• Dang Joe, y'all need a Texas vacation, and drop me off a crate of those pets.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• I'd love to head out west for a trip. The only thing keeping me from doing it is all these pets.

Comment

Working...
                                X