• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain, rain, rain....
    Dode

Comment

Originally posted by Dode View Post
      Rain, rain, rain....
      time to built a stand for the chipper ,a pedestal to place it on .

DD
      OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

My kitty is plumb tuckered out....

Hmm, no chipper work today at all. Nothing, but rain all day. I see a speck of sun peaking through.
        Dode

Comment

Originally posted by dangerdan View Post
          time to built a stand for the chipper ,a pedestal to place it on .

DD
          I'm going to see if it will load on my tilt yard cart w/o too much difficulty. Also, thinking about removing the cover on the feed tube. Troy-Bilt doesn't have a cover on theirs. This one makes loading/feeding a tad bothersome. A couple of consumers have done this, to speed up the process.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Dode; 05-30-2015, 07:37 PM.
          Dode

Comment

I'm hoping for some drier weather this week, so I can see if the elevated chipper works better for me. (I'm getting the swollen leg checked out today; hopefully will be chipping full speed by the end of the week.)

The kitty is giving Jasper a real workout! And, sleepless nights for myself. She's going to spend her nights in the bathroom from now on. However, she is becoming quite the snuggle bug on my chest at nap time. She is definitely not chipper fodder.
            Dode

Comment

Yeah, she's getting you attached, she's not going to the pound.
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I was thinking of you and this thread this past weekend Dode. I had a crew and was working at our future homestead land getting right-a-way for power lines. One of the guys said it would go faster with a chipper and borrowed one from a local tree service. It was about the size in the picture I posted earlier. 4 cylinder diesel engine. Would chip LOGS up to 16" diameter. We only fed it up to 10" stuff. But it would literally chew it up and spit it out like nothing. And this was the companies "small" chipper. Their big one they feed with a skid steer and it can handle up to 24" diameter logs. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Cat Chipper! Cat Chipper! Cat CHIPPER!!!

You know, a no-kill shelter doesn't mean a damned thing, right? They do the liberal thing. After thirty days without adoption, the no-kill shelter sends them off to a regular(KILL)shelter just to tell everybody just how humane their shelter is that they've never had to put a single one down.
                  You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                  Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

MM... I've always believed that they sold the animals to medical labs when their time was up. But, I don't tell anyone. It is what it is. There are too many domestics being bred. Too many ignorant pet owners letting their animals reproduce 3 times a year and then, dumping them on other neighborhoods.

ZEF... I can't imagine chippers that demolish 16" and 24" logs. They must be HUGE!

The kitty is history in a few weeks. Seriously!
                    Dode

Comment

The ones around here do what MM described.

Comment

Originally posted by Dode View Post
                        The kitty is history in a few weeks. Seriously!
                        I will just leave this here:

Seriously_Guys17.jpg

Comment

Oh, Man! That is flat out funny. But seriously, not gonna happen...
                          Dode

Comment

So keep her a few weeks, let Jasper get used to a playmate, let her feel safe, and WHAM! All of that comes to a halt. Either take her, or don't, but waiting around just makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                              So keep her a few weeks, let Jasper get used to a playmate, let her feel safe, and WHAM! All of that comes to a halt. Either take her, or don't, but waiting around just makes it worse.
                              The next three weeks is all about socializing her for a family. She was completely feral a few days ago; a hissing, spitting ball of fur and claws. My son came home today and she was flat out afraid of him and reverted to her former, feral self. So, we had a few sessions of her being forced held by him with lots of petting and she started liking it by the last session. Tomorrow, we'll start over, as she tends to regress a bit overnight. It will be good for her to hear a male voice in the house. At least, she has completely decided that she likes me..... that's a good start.
                              Dode

Comment

The 'kitty chipper' is loaded into the yard cart. I wish I could have videoed that process... I started with the cart tilted and loaded it backwards, so the chipper handle would be at the front of the cart. Then, I tried pulling down on the cart handle while holding the chipper handle. Didn't quite make it the first time. On the second try, I gave it a real firm, hard pull and I landed on my ass. Good thing I had put the cart stand in place, or it would have crashed down on me. Yeah, I seem to be another accident waiting to happen.

I want to make another screen for the barrel, so I have to go to WM and get some. I like the elevation of the chipper and the feed chute requires no bending over to feed it. I still haven't removed the feed chute cover, as I don't have my tools here. They're still in STL at my daughter's apt.

Hmm... let me go take a pic of it in the cart. But, first I have to put on a top. My neighbor isn't totally on board with me going topless and there's a whole truck load of roofers next door, too. BRB!
                                Dode

Comment

Working...
                                X