Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good lord, your poor luck has spread to the rooster too?

God help him.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

i got another of the bandito family this morning.
      every coon i kill is at least one chickens life i save. and most likly my entire flock.
      Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Hows your little pecker doing after stepping in the trap?

Comment

He should have a good supply of hats. Have to start calling him D. Boone. And if he got his pecker in the trap, that would mean he was on his belly, but then again even then it still probally would not touch the ground do to his midsection roundness.
          If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

eeyore i sin poor shape. only time will tell. i made him bait last night, but he was still there and no coons. BUT! i did kind of freak our when i headed into the yard this morning in the pitch black. again trying to use my Iphone as a flashlight i headed into the yard with the 12ga. everything was a deep blue/black except this one large area right in the middle of my path.... after about 3 steps i noticed it moved. so i called out and it groaned at me!!! at which point i decided..1) that my Iphone completly blows...and 2) that 2 shells of #4buck shot is not enough if im going to be walking into a bear in my yard at 5AM.

so after turning around and hustling back into the house, i grabbed the mag light and a few more rounds. turns out that the big black thing was as curiopus as i was because it followed me back to the house. apon opening the door and stepping onto the porch i heard the grunting again. immediatly i flicked on the light and found myself looking at a very large boar. the same size, or larger then my pig. atleast 350lbs. i laughed, and told him to move on. then followed him/her/it all the way back to the cage area of my pig. at which point i went back to checking on eeyore and the traps. which were empty.

we will try again tonight.

oh, and it doesnt look like my pumpkins will be ready for halloween. maybe thanksgiving

Comment

Vincent,
              Is poor little Roo's leg broke or did it get a little buck shot in it? Can you put a splint on a rooster?
              Thankfully we don't have bears or boars here. I hear boars are very mean. From the way the talk of them, I would think they go after people when they see them. Did the boar not try to get you?
              I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Sounds like a cock and boar story to me...........................
                Kessler
                I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
                INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

THE BOAR WAS MORE CURIOUS THEN ANYTHING. HE WENT AWAY AFTER I SHINED THE LIGHT AT HIM.

BUT... ON A MUCH BETTER NOTE. I CAUGHT/KILLED THE CREATURE THAT CHARGED ME IN THE DARK MORE THEN A WEEK AGO. I KNEW IT WASNT A RACCOON BY THE WAY IT RAN. I EVEN SAID IT WAS EITHER A BOB CAT, OR A COYOTE. WELL, HERE IT IS. I GOT IT ON SUNDAY MORNING.

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY(FOR THOSAE THAT RECALL I GOT THE LAST ONE ON CHRISTMAS MORNING LAST YEAR

POOR ROO WAS IN THE CAGE AGAIN AS BAIT, AND NOW THE OTHER BIRDS ARE PECKING AT HIM AND HE IS LOOSING ALL HIS FEATHERS. I THINK WILL ALL THAT HAS HAPPENED TO HIM HE ISNT LONG FOR THIS PLANET.

Comment

My buddy so had that the house from that other one in the freezer.
                    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I talked to our mutual friend yesterday, aa. He said the wife was on his back about getting it out of the freezer so he wasnt allowed to take this one.

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
                        my buddy so had that the house from that other one in the freezer.
                        your drinking awful early today

Comment

It would sure be a shame to waste the hide.

Tex
                          = 2
                          sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

What the hell AA say?
                            If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Vincent,
                              It is beautiful. How much would it cost to have the hide done? It would look so good on our cabin wall.

Rock...I guess only Vincent knows what AA said???
                              I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Originally posted by Gena.KY View Post
                                Vincent,
                                It is beautiful. How much would it cost to have the hide done? It would look so good on our cabin wall.

Rock...I guess only Vincent knows what AA said???
                                Gena, it wouldn't cost anything except a little elbow grease to get the hide done. Considering bobcats hides are always sale toppers at fur auctions, I sure wouldn't let it go to waste.

Tex
                                = 2
                                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
                                X