Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V, we all give ya hell, but I am impressed. May I ask how old Ayla is? Just a suggestion, but toss in some rosemary with the lamb...is goooood.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

ayla just turned 5 in late june. and I tossed the last of the rosemary I could find in the garden into the rabbit. you can see it finely chopped in the picture. and the garlic is from my home town in California. Gilroy is the garlic capital of the world. my folks send it or bring it our to me often. I eat garlic raw like candy. or whole heads roasted for a snack. where I grew up, every restaurant used garlic so heavy in their every day recipes that it made "industrial strength garlic" in other restaurants look bland. I typically ask for 3x industrial when I go out, they stare blankly and still it comes to me to weak.
      Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Sound like you use garlic like we use green chilies. Hatch, NM is the Chili Capital of the World, and is about 40 miles from here. When I was but a wee lad of about 5, mom made some Chili con queso that we were all nibbling on. Our next door neighbor (a liberal easterner) came over and asked if it was hot. Mom told her that it wasn't, as I was eating it like soup. She took one bite and ran out of the house, because obviously our water wouldn't have been cold enough. She always was a pain in the ass.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

ok, so were did I mess up? marinaded over night, BBQed the rabbit. flavor is great...... meat is very chewy. it takes a long time to eat a piece of meat. now I have an easy 10 lbs of chewy rabbit to eat. the kids lined up to eat it until it proved to be a long endeavor just to get one piece down. and its not tough, just chewy??

oh, and I found a baby chick running around the yard today. apparently my broody hen has been on her nest for 30 days. I wasn't expecting them yet. tobad the kids messed with half the eggs. she only has 7 eggs left after they found the nest. and no, it wasn't my kids. we had some city kids out for a sleep over and they were so excited they found eggs they brought them into the house. she refused to take them back and rolled them out of the nest.

Comment

I turned the rabbit into chii tonight. i'll let you know how it turns out. to bad the peppers were all pickled. they would have gone well in the chili

Comment

came home tonight and went to see if anymore chicks had hatched. instead what I found was 2 entire eggs missing, and one was pipping. about a half inch hole in the shell.....but there were ants going in and out. terrified, I opened the egg and blew off the ants. ayla and I warmed the baby and cared for it for 5 hours. it had many an ant bite. sad to say, it passed on about a half hour ago.

Comment

on a different note... im extending the range out past the present 65 yard tomorrow. some where between 100-150. not sure yet.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the chick and the eggs. What happened, snake stole them? at least 100 would be nice.. Good luck on the project.

Comment

feel like i was hit by a truck. 3 of us spent almost all day hacking and cutting our way through the dense woods and vines. but the range is opened up now. i havent actuall messured or marked the yardage, but its a lng way. we found an old cast iron sink in the woods and when we were done we set it up and took some shots at it. mostly just because once you clear the range.... you must try it out.

Comment

Do they allow weapons in Mickeys House?

Comment

Idk, i dont ask them. Thats not true. I do know..... But i dont tell them. But they do go through your bag when you go into the parks. so just keep it on you and not in your purse.

Comment

I guess bringing the 308 Rem 700 sniper rifle would be pushing it for Mickey

Comment

perfect to bring to my place though. i just extended the range this weekend. right now there is an old cast iron sink out there i found in the woods. next best thing to a gong. at least until its blown to tiny bits from high powered rifles. .22, and 9mm bounce off or splater. 762 goes right on through

Comment

So the meet up is at the Vincent ranch? jk
                              "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Mickey's place wont even let you bring a damn pocket knife.
                                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                                X