Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Front Porch. It was a place where everyone gathered at the end of the long work day. Where there was a cool summer breeze when it was to hot and muggy in the house. Where you went to relax and enjoy what you worked for in life. No TV No Ac no computer. This is mine. As you can see it is empty. So just a reminder to you all . Time fly's by. Kids grow up and move away. And growing older comes with out warning but is still better than the alternative. While you spend your whole life chasing the dollar it's easy to forget what the hell your working for in the first place. So take some time out and enjoy yours.
    NCM_0518.jpg
    I'm gonna live where the green grass grows
    Watch my corn pop up in rows
    Everynight be tucked in close to you
    Raise our kids where the good Lord's blessed
    Point our rocking chairs towards the west
    And plan our dreams where the peaceful river flows
    Where the green grass grows .

Comment

• Beautiful place tfk.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

• K stared at that photo for 20 minutes and just and just mumbled. Beautiful.

Comment

• Next meetup...tfk's?
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

• Thanks all. DMH I don't know what I would do to entertain anyone. Tex's place is going to be hard to trump. Its just pretty damn boring around here other than looking at the Amish farms and coal trucks. But all are damn sure welcome. We can drink beer and sit around the fire . I personally can kill a few days doing that. I took that picture last night and when I was looking at it this morning it made me think when the hell was the last time anyone sat on it. And I truly could only think of 2 or 3 times in the last couple years. Our fast pace world is changing . And I think very little of it is for the good. IMO

Comment

• tfk, its a damn shame you guys can't find more time to sit on that porch. Maybe one day. Watching the sunrise and set from that porch, shooting the bull around a fire and touring your workshop would be all that is needed to entertain most of us! Take an hour and enjoy that porch!
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

• Absolutely gorgeous. I am so jealous of your view. I can relate....we have a front porch too and I can't think of the last time we just sat there and did absolutely nothing but relax. I keep thinking maybe next year. Not as nice as yours, but it is the view from our front porch and it is ours.

Bailey thinks he died and went to heaven!!.jpg
                NICHEVO

Comment

• Looks good to me

Comment

• It's hard to sit outside and enjoy the view here in my area. It's either scalding hot and humid as hell or the Mosquitos will carry you away or it's raining.
                    Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

• Don't know about that. Yesterday I spent eight hours picking tobacco leaves at the Corona farm and I felt great
                      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

• Is that the Corona cigar farm or Juan_Corona? Gotta make sure with you MM.
                        "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

• I hate that stupid pony. It stomped on my foot tonight. I was hand feeding the goats and she was jealous. Broke my small toe. Stupid pony. When SHTF I'm going to eat you
                          Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

• Why wait? Get some recipes from Tex.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• Why wait for SHTF? Start feeding it out now and you can also teach the family some hard lessons about where food comes from.

That pony wouldn't stand a chance around here and would probably be the main course at the next branding.

Don't you have some big name celebrity coming to see you soon? I'm thinking you should start planning the menu.

Tex
                              = 2
                              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Working...
                                X