Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let her know she can punch bread dough much harder than she'll ever be allowed to punch her brothers, and you might have fresh bread til she's 20.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• Vincent, the yucca in your pic is definitely not what I was thinking of. If I have ever seen that plant before, I don't remember it. When I was looking up information for yucca the other day, the site I was on said that yucca could grow as far north as Canada. It certainly doesn't look like a cold climate plant, but it would be neat to try it out. I wonder when the best time is to try to pant a cutting. What aort of soil does it like?

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• I am with Tex, what I think of yucca is totally different. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yucca

But that is the beauty of learning something new everyday.
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

• my soil is extremely sandly. i think the name yucca is a cultural thing. in the grocery store it is listed in some places as cassava, and athers as yucca. the cactus thing you were looking at i dont think is edible as far as i know.

even wikipedia lists it as cassava with a side note to yucca/yuca
          Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

• i could send you some to try when the sun comes back to iceland, tex. but honstly i think it is happier in the tropics of the south.

Comment

• Thanks, Vincent. I would like to try and see if we can get some to grow up here. You never know, it may do good. Some places though, it's easier to just let the cows eat the green stuff and then eat the cow.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• From a distance that yucca looks like a certain "wacky" plant, lol... Not that I would know or anything...
                Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

• Originally posted by patriotmuso View Post
                  from a distance that yucca looks like a certain "wacky" plant, lol... Not that i would know or anything...
                  i wondered how long it would take for one of the "heads" to pop up and show him/her self

Comment

• It did not have the little pointy edges on the leaves like I like.

I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed that g-lubes bat is male? It has balls

Comment

• Originally posted by VINCENT View Post
                        Has anyone else noticed that g-lubes bat is male? It has balls
                        LOL Vin... Leave it to you to notice that.....
                        Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

• You sure it isn't boobs? I guess you see what you want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by w.lynn View Post
                            you sure it isn't boobs?
                            no nipples

Comment

• It's a smiley, hasn't got eyelashes either.

Comment

• Might be a female with a fat butt....

Comment

Working...
                                X