No announcement yet.

Solar chicken coop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assembly and testing has not yet begun. Based on the calculator it should be able to run 17amps continuously for 24 hours straight. That implies you are not adding power during the day. It's more than I need presently, but no inverter is specified yet, it is going to run fridge/freezer, ham radio. No mounting scheme is devised yet. Follow along in the why backup power thread. This system is 2 times or larger to systems folks are living in their RV's with with no generator. Typical power consumption is going to vary depending on what you might use, such as a coffee maker, microwave or induction plate, perhaps higher use, and shorter duration with the bulk of the usage during the day when you're generating power.

I'm no expert by any means.

Comment

Yeah, we don't run the convection/microwave unless we're plugged in or have the generator on. We're looking at increasing the battery bank, since both house & starting batteries are charged when we're running, but increasing the solar power would help. It's a long roof, but only one panel, and I bet the panel is pretty old and ineffective. Since I'm surrounded by "he-man" types, I've been blocked at all attempts to go topside (I think it's also why the ladder hasn't been fixed, one more way to keep me on the ground.)
      Last edited by W.Lynn; 04-13-2014, 11:35 PM. Reason: Gonna show the high tech coop to some friends.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Bump!
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Working...
        X