X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 feet
    NICHEVO

Comment

Here is the new chicken coop / goat condo. The pen is covered entirely in bird netting supported by rope strung from the condo to the livestock panels. Hopefully the close-up shows the ropes.

Goat Condo 1.jpg

Ropes.jpg
      NICHEVO

Comment

Gwyn,

Here are the screen door inserts on the chicken coop. One is attached with hooks and eye screws, the other is held in place with a child's rake. You could always put eye screws in your coop and secure the door in place with bungee cords.

Large Screen Door.jpgSmall Screen Door.jpg
        NICHEVO

Comment

Here are some pics of our new chickens. They are between 3 and 4 months old.

Banty chicken that unfortunately ended up being a rooster....I was hoping it was going to be a hen. Still not decided whether he lives or not. He has VERY feathered legs and feet. Cool looking bird. The picture doesn't do him justice.

Rooster.jpg

More Banty pictures. We have 3 banties in total. The 2 bigger chickens are Rhode Island Reds. They are all the same age, about 4 months.

Banty.jpg

Size doesn't matter.

Chicken Fight.jpg

Cats...they swear they just want to "play"

Chickens and Cats.jpg
          NICHEVO

Comment

The Bantam roosters we had wanted to fight you , I turned my back one day and got the spurs in the back of the legs . So be careful as they get bigger , I had to kill both of them for being to aggressive .

Comment

Yum! Chicken and dumplings!
              Dode

Comment

Not sure why this didn't occur to me the first time I looked at the photo with your bird netting - but you may want to go ahead and dig up the relevant phone numbers you'll want to call if some protected predator goes after some chicken dinner, and ends up tangled like a dolphin in a tuna net.

While you aren't doing anything wrong in having the net strung up, hungry birds just trying get a meal aren't doing anything wrong either.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

A few years ago, a small raptor hit my den window and died. I thought about calling an agency, but chose to bury it instead. I didn't need the headache.
                  Dode

Comment

Had a hawk or something play with me one afternoon. I pulled out of my neighborhood on my bike, going east on 29, guess they were done eating ... something. Took off and stayed by me for a while, if I carried my bo staff I could've just reached his wing-tip.

(That's a painful exercise by the way, hold staff by the bottom handful, pointing up, arm fully extended to front or side. Lower staff to horizontal - making a line with the arm, and hold. Arm still extended, wait for the burn, then a slow, controlled raise, and then do the other hand.)

It was just us out there, flying along. Very peaceful.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

The birds are looking good.

Comment

Goats!

Bucklings are 3 months old.
                        Bucks.jpg

Does are 4 years old (the one in front) and 1 year old.
                        Does.jpg
                        NICHEVO

Comment

The one on the left is called 'Curry' the one on the right is called 'Kebab"...must get some mint sauce...mmmmm

Comment

Time to make chicken!

20160212_080626-1.jpg
                            NICHEVO

Comment

Nice goats! Are you planning to slaughter the bucklings, or just use them for brush control?

When will the eggs hatch? Btw, your black/white roosters might have some nice fly tying feathers. If you slaughter them, you might save the capes, etc. to sell for fly tying. Then again, it might be too much trouble.
                              Dode

Comment

Turkey poults arrived.

20160425_144207-1.jpg
                                NICHEVO

Comment

Working...
                                X