No announcement yet.

Death Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nichevo, when using a tractor with a front end loader, tilt the fron of the bucket up rather than down like it is in the pic. That way, if you run over something you didn't see, the bucket will either slide over it or catch on the solid part of the bucket. If you were to hit a stump or something with the lip, you are very likely to bend the bucket. It wont be a cheap fix and if you dont fix it, you will never be able to do any type of finish work with out having a low spot.

Just roll the bucket all the way back and keep it as low as you can without the risk of hitting stuff.

I like the tractor, by the way.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I didn't keep track RD. I will be making 2 more, so I will keep track this time. It all depends on how wide and how tall you want to make them.
      NICHEVO

Comment

Sunflowers are growing well. One is almost to the roofline.Just hope there are sunflower seeds in those flower heads!

Attached Files
        NICHEVO

Comment

Well, the Powdery Mildew won the fight. Had to pick the Pink Banana Squash today even though it wasn't ready and only reached 1.5 feet in length.

Attached Files
          NICHEVO

Comment

That's ok. Any longer & it wouldn't fit in the oven

Comment

Will be adding 2 kids to Death Valley in a couple of months....the white one is a buck and the black one a doe; they are brother and sister. The buck is going to be turned into a wether. They were born this month.

Attached Files
              NICHEVO

Comment

Originally posted by nichevo View Post
                Will be adding 2 kids to Death Valley in a couple of months....the white one is a buck and the black one a doe; they are brother and sister. The buck is going to be turned into a wether. They were born this month.

wheres the dam pigs?
                Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

In your truck George
                  NICHEVO

Comment

Here are pictures of this year's gardens. The first picture is the smaller garden and was planted first. This garden has tomatoes, broccoli, carrots, radishes, yellow squash, zucchini, eggplant, jalapenos, bell peppers, chili peppers, peas, strawberries, herbs, dwarf citrus trees and blueberry bushes. The 2nd garden was planted a lot later and it has tomatoes, peppers, watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, eggplant, sweet potatoes and okra. We extended that 2nd garden last week so now we have a lot of empty dirt that now needs planting.

Small Garden.jpg

Second Garden.jpg
                    NICHEVO

Comment

Cool thread. Do you have the goats, yet? What kind are they? What do you plan to use to secure the plastic to the pvc frame when you wrap the garden for fall or spring? My greenhouse cover finally bit the dust and I'll be wrapping it eventually.
                      Dode

Comment

Didn't get the goats yet. The goats got coccidia because of all the rain we've been getting and the buck died. I don't want to stress the doe out by moving her now so we are going to wait until she is 100% better and I find another goat so she has company. We are getting Dwarf Nigerians....they are supposed to have some of the sweetest milk and milk to feed ratio is high.

I bought clips to attach the plastic to PVC. I didn't have a winter garden last year as I didn't have enough time. Maybe I'll set up a small hoop house this year.

2463_5785_large.jpg
                        NICHEVO

Comment

Where did you get those clips? Online or from a big box store?

Great choice on the dwarf goats. Too bad about the illness and losing the little buck. I had 4, as an experiment, a couple of years ago. They were easy on the fences and loved eating the honeysuckle that was overtaking the fence row.
                          Dode

Comment

Dode, got the clips online at Amazon.
                            NICHEVO

Comment

Here is a close up of the garden. PF took the pic so it came out better than the other ones.

Garden Closeup.jpg
                              NICHEVO

Comment

How long are those t-posts?
                                Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Working...
                                X