No announcement yet.

Resurrecting the Farm and Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news, SM. Positive vibes sent your way.

Comment

• The things you just recently planted should hold up to being repotted and taken with you. Sell any livestock that is YOURS, or put it in your freezer. Stop watering the vegetables you won't eat, if you can't be there, no point. Seriously, you should have had grandma declared incompetent in a family court long ago, just to keep people from using her as pawn in whatever they have going on, but people tend to feel like it's a kind of betrayal, instead of establishing the right to take care of and protect someone before they get robbed of anything meaningful by those who don't care.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• Don't let them rush you out. Florida law is real slow with people who have been legally resident.

Also, check your PM.
        "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

• SM, I am so sorry. Prayers for your family.
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

• Hell yes. Listen to abt. Dont move yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by AD View Post
              Hell yes. Listen to abt. Dont move yet.

Especially when you have your Mom and Brother fighting for you. Keep your chin up, SM...We are pulling for you.
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

• Southernmom,

I am so sad to hear that this is happening to someone who I consider a truly good person. Abt is right, make sure you have to move before you let them ruin all of your hard work. However, if it turns out you do have to move I know you are the type who will pick up and make the best of things. My grandma used to tell me when bad things happen, put your head down and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Pretty soon you will look up from all of your hard work and realize how far you have come and that all of your hard work has paid off...again. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything just ask. Praying for you and a good outcome.

Julie

Comment

• Thanks everyone It feels so nice to have such a great tribe here, praying for me and encouraging me. I will update yall as soon as I know something.
                  Again, thank you.
                  Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

• SM

We have all seen the stories of "squatters" in million dollar homes and the owners find it next to imposible to toss them out. If your aunt is behind this, make them sweat and dont move a mussle. It will cost them atty fees not you. Squatters dont hire an atty and they stay there for months.

Maybe ABT can help you find some pro bono help of it gets to it.
                    Last edited by AD; 05-30-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Oh man SouthernMom, I just read this and it breaks my heart for you and your family. All of those hopes and dreams. You just don't see young families wanting to take over the family farm anymore. They should have kissed you and hugged you for doing what you have done. So hard to believe this is happening to you.
                      I'm with the rest of this bunch, make them throw you out. At least hold out until you have harvested this year's crops. If there is anything I can do, let me know. I'm so upset over this....they should be so very ashamed of themselves.

Plus this just ruins my bug out plans. My ultimate bug out place was going to be at your place. You grow such a pretty garden and you seem wonderful and caring with the animals. You can come to Kentucky to stay with me if you have to.
                      Last edited by Gena.KY; 05-30-2014, 12:13 PM.
                      I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

• SM, What a horrible thing for your family to do to you. I agree with everyone....don't start packing yet. You've put too much sweat and tears and your heart into the farm. I will be praying for you and your family.
                        NICHEVO

Comment

• SM. I'm sorry to read this. It's a damn shame.

Comment

• Update for my awesome tribe:

We are going to rent the house in a nearby town. It's an old house (1920's or 30's) that is one I have been wanting to own for many years-Ironically it went up for sale not long ago and on a whim I called to see if they would rent or rent-to-own. Yes on both counts so we move in on Friday. I'm deciding in Feb if I want to buy.
                            It's on a quiet street-(think 'To Kill a Mockingbird' type street) has a nice sized yard behind, an empty lot behind that, and an empty lot next door. I'd rather be in the woods but this will do for now. Once the sting of all this has worn off I will put in some sf gardens and get back to growing some food for us. Every day I have been harvesting tomatoes and peas here and freezing them to take with us. I'm not leaving any of the food I worked so hard to grow behind for a family that treated me like a sharecropper. My grandmother and aunt have treated criminals with more courtesy than they have treated me.
                            I admit when I am being a pain in the ass, and I admit when I am spoiling for a fight. I did none of those things. My family didn't deserve any of this. I told my husband that once I am gone and take any trace of myself and my family with me, that I will do it so well that they will wonder if I was a figment of their imagination. That's a fact. I don't think I have it in me to ever come back here.
                            My animals are being sold to a Rancher from Ocala who will be down here tomorrow afternoon. He's going to look over everything and make me an offer. I know he's gonna shoot low and I have to decide what I am willing to accept for the critters. I'm still thinking on it. I don't think he's gonna haul a trailer over an hour drive and then not want to take anything home.
                            Anyway, we are doing well and being busy packing. Sorry I haven't been on the boards as much but I just want yall to know I appreciate every kindness and prayer. I couldn't get through this without all this support. Love to all of ya.
                            Be back very soon, Lord willing!
                            Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

• Well by gosh, they will not take your computer!!! You very well better be back and stay in touch. We don't care if you have a farm or not. You are still our friend and are full of knowledge to feed us. Once in our family...always in our family!!!
                              I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

• Originally posted by Gena.KY View Post
                                Well by gosh, they will not take your computer!!! You very well better be back and stay in touch. We don't care if you have a farm or not. You are still our friend and are full of knowledge to feed us. Once in our family...always in our family!!!
                                What she said.

Comment

Working...
                                X