No announcement yet.

Resurrecting the Farm and Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry forgot to mention-they are 5 wks old, definitely old enough by the time Vincent gets on a plane. The grey one in the picture is a boy and we have a calico/tabby manx that is a girl. I will hold them for you, just let me know what you decide.
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

• Manx cats are priceless up there, they are sturdier when the weather is nasty, and great for taking out barn pests. Down here you don't have to be picky, almost any cat will do (if it's bright enough to hide when coyotes are around.)
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• I love my manx cats-they never fail to catch moles, mice and snakes. Definitely earn their keep!

Comment

• I just talked to Vincent and he has no problem toting a kitten purse through the airport. The Hostile Native says she would really like to have the calico Manx X, if possible. We had to put down the momma to our four 4wk old kittens lastnight. Really sucky night.

Tex
          = 2
          sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

• Hmm, you basically have a guy delivering a kitten to you half way across the country. If word gets out, it'll either be the next big funny, or people with more money than sense will start hiring couriers to buy them one of your calico manx cats.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• They'll be billed 'Florida tail-less cracker cats.' Instead of those old ads people used to send to other states begging people to move to florida to grow 5 lb tomatoes there will be a drawing of a 3ft tall florida manx cat eating an alligator.

Comment

• aww come on, that was a funny post!

Comment

• So yesterday it just gets hotter and hotter-strange hazy/pinkish sky. Later in the afternoon sure enough a big storm pops up and before we know it winds are bending trees in half, shits flying everywhere and I'm yelling for all my kids to get in the hallway of the house. A pecan tree in the yard was tore in half, several between my brothers and here-and my mom has an old live oak down on her fence. What everyone in the area I've talked to believes was a twister came through our area and tore up trees, a few pumps, pulled old oaks out of the ground in our pasture and in the neighbors. The family across the road that has a huge chunk of land had a few trees tore up and one landed on and crushed their field gate. My brother lost 3 big cedars and one took out a big piece of fence. Debris everywhere. THink it made the news? nah. This ghost town never does.
                  On top of that my grandma thought it would be a good day to flip out on me for no discernible reason and then take off before dawn this morning. I had to track her down at her sisters. Oh did I mention she told a bunch of people I told her she's not allowed to use the phone? (what the hell?) and a much older cousin called me this morning and mentioned how grandma told her how hard she is working around here. I corrected her and let her know that my grandmother is taken care of very nicely. Never has to do anything. We do all the work. No wonder several people don't like me if she is telling everyone all these tall tales. Now the sky is black over us again. Great freaking day at the ranch.
                  If anybody is the praying sort, I sure could use a few right now.

Comment

• We had some wild weather here in Hernando Cty, too, but doesn't sound like anywhere near yours. Winds with trees bending, branches down, whipping rain, and large hail (large enough to rip at least 6 holes in the screened area). I'm blaming George Bush because why not.
                    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

• Hang in there SM, this black could will pass.
                      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Ok. You're forgiven for not attending the festivities
                          Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

• Ladies and Gentlemen it's been great having yall cheer me along in my resurrection of the farm and ranch, but it has come to an end. The one thing I thought would never happen in my entire life has happened-my family and I have been kicked off the family property by my grandmother and aunt. I would never have thought my grandmother was capable of doing this to her family-to me. She raised me. She took care of me and I was always there for her. So, Why? you ask? Because my aunt does not want to face my grandmother's illness and has been working on her for a year to remove us. I have my suspicions why. Also, as often happens with older folks with alzheimers, they become paranoid, they hallucinate, they blame people for things that never happened. It is usually the caregiver who receives blame and well-I'm the caregiver. I get blamed. It doesn't matter that I have recordings of her ramblings and attacks, that I have documented evidence that I have paid bills, repaired this property, managed the cattle, even made major repairs to the home. Doesn't matter, I am still the bad guy.
                            So my children and husband and I are packing and moving on to a nice home in a nearby town. If we are approved as renters. I am heartbroken, I am devastated, I looked out in my garden today at my rows and rows of peas and corn and okra and I won't get any of them. All the work, heat exhaustion, all for nothing.
                            I just planted 2 pears, a peach and had 25 blueberries to plant. I have fig trees with fruit. Now it was all a waste of time. Yes, I am the heir and maybe someday I will get back here but with my luck my aunt will convince her to change her will. My mother and brother fought for us, tried to reason with all parties but we were met with violence and cruelty, threats and lies.
                            Again, thank you.

Comment

• That sucks
                              Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

• SM,

I can't imagine the heartache y'all are going through. Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers.
                                Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Working...
                                X