Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G'Day from Down Under

G'Day from Australia,
    Big fan here from Australia been listening to the audio books as I drive to and from work. Good way to deal with the boredom and the traffic :-) Can not wait to get the next book and see what's happening with the gang. Would be good to see them try out aquaponics or wood gasification to generate power and heat. Also would be good to read some books by the characters such as Sarges guide to ham radio and emp proofing etc or Thad's cooking and homesteading recipes, Morgan's guide to edible plants and long term prepping.
    Anyway keep up the great work with the books and all the best with getting the series as a TV show it will be awesome.

Cheers

Welcome to the madhouse from Texas!

Comment

Hello, in what part of Australia are you driving back & forth to work? I was in Woomera, SA for a few years, a LONG time ago, we used to get into Adelaide, Wyalla, and along there for major shopping trips, and once up to see the rock, and Alice Springs.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

G'Day guys,
        Thanks for the welcome. I'm up in Queensland just out of Brisbane now but originally from SA so know it well :-) would of been handy if you had the audio books back then lot of long open stretches in SA :-)

Comment

Howdy from the state of New Mexico, just a few miles from the country of Mexico. We've got one or two other Aussie members who pop in from time to time.
          Is prepping a common thing there, or are preppers considered a kind of "fringe element" like we are here in the US?
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

G'Day kickstand,
            Fringe element here too lol doesn't help that the media make preppers out to be crazy :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Caoilte316 View Post
              G'Day kickstand,
              Fringe element here too lol doesn't help that the media make preppers out to be crazy :-)
              Yup, same here . According to the media , there's no need to prepare for anything because someone or some government entity will always come to your rescue (as long as you're willing to play by their rules).
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Like they did at the superdome in NOLA
                [I][B]Oderint dum metuant[/B][/I]

[I]"Stay with me; do not fear. For he who seeks my life seeks your life, but with me you shall be safe.”[/I] 1 Samuel 22:23

[I]“Everybody is a patriot...Until it's time to do patriot shit[/I]

Comment

I try and encourage people to at least have a week worth of food and water incase of floods, bushfires and power outages which are very common here unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Caoilte316 View Post
                    G'Day guys,
                    Thanks for the welcome. I'm up in Queensland just out of Brisbane now but originally from SA so know it well :-) would of been handy if you had the audio books back then lot of long open stretches in SA :-)
                    Too right, but even if there had been kindles and audio books, such things wouldn't have been given to a child the age I was then. Still, a road trip is ok, with few comics, pies or sandwiches along the way, and snorkeling at the other side of it!
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Cooee... another from the great land down under...Sydney based/

as for being fringe element, we are just special people, believe i know heaps in Sydney who are fringe dwellers..and yes, there are quite a few in Qld too.

Comment

Yes, but here in The States, "special" takes on a different meaning .
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

G'day Hobes good to hear from another Aussie :-)

Comment

Hey Kickstand yeah special has that same meaning here lol

Comment

Hey W.Lynn, yeah nothing like going snorkling after a big road trip :-) did you get to travel south of Adelaide much?

Comment

Working...
                              X