Hello from N Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from N Florida

Been fan of the books now for a while. Listening to the Audible version now for the second or third time. I'm a retired RN. Spend 15 years in DC area patching up bullet wounds of Gulf War veterans before coming home. Now in the woods hunker down for a real test. Hurricane Hermine. We are 48 miles from nearest hospital we are are in the woods. Spent the day getting animals ready. If we get the high winds the trees will be the problem. Even if no trees go down Swannee River is one way and Santa Fe the other way to the nearest towns. Know both those routes will flood. This will be a good test of my prepping for the last year. I'm a old country girl, my dad was a veterinarian, 4-h kid made my first saddle when I was 14 tanning another kids cow hide from the year before.
    I am very interested in security measures for my acreage. Problem is I am literally in the woods and in the future I worry because of all the deer trails. I know someone would follow them in the future and find me. Any ideas?

Howdy from central fl-
    can't really speak to the deer trail security...I am in an area bordered by woods and I also wonder.
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Hello and welcome. I'm in Central FL. We live in the city so I have no idea about woods and security, etc.

Comment

Got any hogs?
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Hi QD from the desert southwest. What's a deer trail? I kid, but I haven't seen a mulie or White Tail in over a decade.

Have you looked into solar powered cameras? I don't know how they would fair in an EMP situation, but it's a better chance than not having anything. Same goes for wired or wireless motion detectors.

Kick
          ps: Thanks for taking care of our vets.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Hi QD, welcome to the board. I know this is expensive, but it's a great piece of tech to deal with folks wandering in. http://www.jrhenterprises.com/MURS-H...URSHTKITW4.htm
            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Hi QD and welcome from MO. It sounds like you will bring a wealth of knowledge and common sense to the board. Please jump in and share your experiences. Hope all went well with Hermine.
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Working...
              X