Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

I thought I posted an intro, but I guess not. Anyway, hello from SW Ohio. I am new to the prepping scene having just gotten started at the end of 2015. I have amassed quite a stockpile of necessities and feel much, much better about being able to take care of myself and my family should the SHTF.

I am an avid hiker, camper, and bushcrafter. I love knives and do quite a bit of leathercraft in my spare time, mostly making knife sheaths. I am looking into becoming a gunsmith as a hobby, possibly a source of retirement income, and definitely as a needed skill should the SHTF.

I am a huge fan of the Survivalist Series and am about 100 pages into the 7th book. I truly hope they never end. One little anecdote about my first experience with the Survivalist Series is that as Morgan was rattling off all the gear in his Go Bag right after the EMP hit, I had to chuckle to myself because with every piece of gear mentioned, I though, "Yep, I have that. Got that too. Uh, huh, got one of those." I own almost every piece of gear he mentioned in the beginning and quite a bit of the rest of the gear mentioned thought the books.

It's good to be here, and I hope to learn a lot and share what little knowledge I have with you all.

Cheers,
    50years

Welcome from SE WV. My husband and I relocated from NW Ohio (Toledo area) last July down to here. We like it here and feel it is a better place to be if the SHTF. If you like to chat, join us in the chat room. We have some informative conversations and some goofy ones too, so feel free to check us out.

Comment

Welcome from Southern New Mexico. You sound like you jumped into prepping with both feet.
      Look around and join in the conversations, or start a new one .
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome!
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome to the board 50, glad to have you here. It does feel good to be prepared for life's little hiccups.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Hi. I've been more off than on lately, still prepping, and stop in here regularly to find out if all my friends are still kicking.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Hi 50 - I grew up in NE Ohio, in the Amish country (and steel towns) in the 60-70s.

I've been through your part of the state a couple of times, but haven't been lately. I'll echo HH's invitation to join us in chat. We babble, run ideas past each other, tease each other and generally have a good time. Things don't really get "kicking" until the mountain time zone checks in, however. So, if you're not a night owl - sometimes you miss what's going on and everyone else isn't on yet.

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
                People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Working...
                X