Hello from Colorful Colorado West!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Colorful Colorado West!

Going Home really caught my attention. I really liked when Morgan's gear was identified for what it was. It is so normal to see heroes who have everything they could need or want even if it clearly weighs more than any three men could carry. Not Morgan! He just has a pack with goodies and not too many of them!
    Due to my work, I can not have any truly useful items in my vehicle, but I can retire soon! I can't wait to dig through the articles on Morgan's pack contents!
    When I travel, I travel prepared!

Welcome to our corner of the internet from your southern neighbor (NM).
    It's funny, it's about a 50/50 split, many are like you and me, and enjoy the gear breakdown. Others complain about the exact thing that we enjoy,
    Around here, we tend to shorten / abbreviate folks names, but with yours, Imma just call you Brass (it was that or BM).
    Have you read the rest of the series ? Are you a Ham?
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Howdy from WY

Comment

Hello from South Alabama via Germany. Sounds strange, but working over here for a few months. When I first found
        Going Home I was so excited to see something that was semi-locally written and on point. Morgan is someone you can
        Easily relate to and his "gear", yep my bag is heavy also.
        I happened to find the forum the other day when checking to see if there were any new books and yep....two that
        I have not read. I will be so exited to get them. Can't put them down once you start.
        I have prepped most of my life, my parents came through the "Great Depression" so we were always canning and storing
        Our pantry. My dad could build anything out of nothing and shared this skill with all of us.
        Thanks for letting me join the group and look forward to lots of good discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
          Welcome to our corner of the internet from your southern neighbor (NM).
          It's funny, it's about a 50/50 split, many are like you and me, and enjoy the gear breakdown. Others complain about the exact thing that we enjoy,
          Around here, we tend to shorten / abbreviate folks names, but with yours, Imma just call you Brass (it was that or BM).
          Have you read the rest of the series ? Are you a Ham?
          Lots of people call me Brass.
          I had a license and a GROL, but they have expired. I have most of the gear, but I have never transmitted in the HAM bands. I hate to talk on recorded radio, but I do frequently in VHF/UHF bands for work. I plan what I will say very carefully before transmitting.
          I have bought a fair amount of "stuff" from the outdoor guide. It has proven to be cheap junk. Butane lighters the lids fall off of while still in the box. Not one occurrence, but three out of three!
          I don't mind paying good money for stuff, but I want good stuff for my money!

I have read through Avenging Home and I am now reading Charlie's Requiem.
          Last edited by BrassMagnet; 06-09-2016, 06:34 AM. Reason: Missed a question!

Comment

Brass, welcome from SE WV. Retirement is a great way to go. I retired a 1 1/2 yrs ago and it is great. We've only been prepping for about 3 yrs, but we have a good selection of things that I think we will need when the SHTF. I sometimes go a little crazy in my prepping and have to slow myself down or I will be over whelmed with every thing. Enjoy the forum and come visit us in the chat room.

Comment

Welcome to the forum BM, glad to have you. You should see what I carry in my truck now a days! LOL. Now that I don't work for anyone I can carry whatever I want, and it makes me feel better.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
              X