• Show
Clear All

• jag06
    replied
    Welcome from NC JP.

Leave a comment:

• doublel
    replied
    Welcome to the board! So do you homeschool your kids? I have an almost 3 year old that I truly don't want to send to school.

Leave a comment:

• kickstand
    replied
    It sounds like we may be learning from you JP. Welcome from south central New Mexico.
    Last edited by kickstand; 01-13-2016, 09:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Leave a comment:

• DMH
    replied
    Hello and welcome from Missouri.

Leave a comment:

• hsehntr98
    replied
    Hello for southern West Virginia. When you figure out your gray water re-purposing system I would like to hear more about it if you are willing to share the info. You sound like you are well prepared and on your way to self-sufficiency. Good luck and welcome aboard.

Leave a comment:

• Cwi555
    replied
    Hello from TN

Leave a comment:

• Sacajawea
    replied
    Hi from NC - way out by the ocean.

Leave a comment:

• tk
    replied
    Welcome from PA JB. Sounds like your pretty prepared to me. We got a real nice bunch here .

Leave a comment:

• Joe Beck
    started a topic Hello -- checking in as per suggested

Hello -- checking in as per suggested

Hello, My name is JP. I just read the first two books of A. American's Going Home series. I love them. I feel like I know Morgan, we are definitely like minded. I am a vet, I was a school teacher but once we had kids it was decided that I stay home with them. So now I teach on-line courses at home and take care of my kids. We recently got off Edison's teet when we installed a solar system and battery bank. Technically we are on the grid, but if the grid goes down we can switch over to our battery bank. My sons and I started building a green house and we maintain a large garden. We've taught them to can and preserve fruit from our trees. So if you get on our Christmas card list expect some jelly. It's great for the kids to know where food comes from, that's something they don't teach in school. We also raise chickens. I'm in the process of designing a water catchment system and grey water re-purposing system. I have the water catchment in place but want to design it so that the water barrels aren't visible. So I'm hoping to read some suggestions.

Both our cars have get home systems like the character Morgan. My wife has a bigger system though because she is obligated (as a admin) to stay on her campus until all the students have been picked up. That could be days or even a week. I also have a bag that goes with me when I go on trips in other people's vehicles. One way or another, I will get home no matter what. Lack of gear will not hinder me.

Anyways, I'm here to learn more, and to read alternative ways to do things. I'm open minded. I don't know what what else to include here. It's been many years since I belonged to a forum. Thanks for having me.
    Last edited by Joe Beck; 01-13-2016, 05:39 PM.
Working...
X