No announcement yet.

Newby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi LB, glad to have you. Your dad is not so good at keeping us updated. I know that he has suffered much pain and just does not feel like getting on his computer that much. Maybe you could help out in that department??? I've never seen so many people in one place that loves grumpy old men. We all think that he is just great! Welcome to our little site. Let us know if you need any help.

Please tell him that G-Lube says hello and that I am thinking of him.
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome from PA LB I have chatted with your old man a few times . He's a cool old dude.

Comment

Hey guys, I just talked to BigBob and mentioned his son having signed up on our board. According to BigBob, this cat trying to play himself off as LittleBob is the wayward son of some San Francisco hooker who had left him in the care of a Catholic orphanage back during the days of "Flower Children" and the height of the "Hippy" movement of the mid-60's.

Apparently Bob was kind enough to volunteer his time to play Santa Clause one year over the Christmas Holidays and after handing out presents, this LBob guy latched onto BigBob and got it in his head that Bob was his real Dad. The nuns told BigBob not to worry about it as the kid had done the same thing with the milkman, the postman and even the mexican gardener. When BigBob returned as Santa again the next year, the kid was even more convinced that he was his dad and commenced to telling everyone how his father had came back to see him. After alot of tears were shed and the kid having to be sedated, the nuns asked Bob to not be offended, but they were going to have to find a new Santa.

Somehow, after alot of time at the library, this kid was able to track BigBob down and started sending letters. BigBob tried his best to ignore them so as to not upset the kid anymore than he already was, but things continually got worse. He first contacted the nuns, but they couldn't help as they said the kid had run away and they had no contact with him. BigBob then contacted the police, but being as the kid had done nothing to physically harm anyone, they said they couldn't help. Apparently this LittleBob, guy has made it his life's work to stalk BigBob around and try to convince all he met that he was the long lost son that had been abandoned on the stoop of a San Francisco orphanage.

BigBob said the guy is probably pretty harmless, but he is definitely an annoyance. He did warn that we not be overly friendly with him though or he is liable to start claiming that we are friends, or even siblings. Apparently he has done that in the past and BigBob's real kids finally just gave up and let him start claiming them as borthers and sisters with no protests. BigBob said this happened without his knowing at the time, but he has since objected profusely. He said this LittleBob cat has made his life a living hell at times and will always show up at the most inconvenient times. Christmas dinners, Thanksgiving, you name it and this guy insists on being there and trying to tell everyone how BigBob and his mother had met.

This story is almost to bizaar to even be true. I mean, who would ever believe that BigBob would ever play Santa Clause for a bunch of orphans?

Tex
        = 2
        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

If he shows up again we'll show him the door.
          I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

So the question is, how does he know he is here of all places.. something doesn't add up.

Comment

Really, you guys?

Tex, I think your satire might have been too high brow (or maybe just too long) to be picked up on. Of course, with the recent JNY situation it's understandable.
              Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Gwyn, had I added pictures they would have stopped looking altogether once they spotted the hooker.

Tex
                = 2
                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

You're right Tex. Pictures would have either given it away too easily or been so distracting that it prevented most from getting to the punchline.
                  Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                    Hey guys, I just talked to BigBob and mentioned his son having signed up on our board. According to BigBob, this cat trying to play himself off as LittleBob is the wayward son of some San Francisco hooker who had left him in the care of a Catholic orphanage back during the days of "Flower Children" and the height of the "Hippy" movement of the mid-60's.

This story is almost to bizaar to even be true. I mean, who would ever believe that BigBob would ever play Santa Clause for a bunch of orphans?

Tex
                    I don't know what kind of meds you're on, dude, but I do think you should share with your BFF.

Kelly

Comment

Welcome good sir... Your pop is indeed a fixture here and we all like having him around.. Jump on in man...
                      Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Tex that was f---ed up. I'm known as a pretty big smart ass but you had me

Comment

And here he told me I started in the back seat of a 56 chevy in Nam. Damned if he didn't lie to me too.

Comment

Thanks Tex, he's spoken of you often and thinks highly of those here. You guys and have lifted his spirits a lot over the past year or so. Thanks!!

Comment

Tex, barrel.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

What ^^^ she ^^^ said!

"“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X