No announcement yet.

New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, thanks, Gina, I knew I didn't HAVE to change it but I DO love dogs and could see how some would cringe at the pic. Now if it was a picture of someone holding a gun to a cat's head..... Now, don't anyone start on cats or I will find your address somewhere and I will send several you one of our eight. While I don't consider myself to be a cat person in any stretch of the imagination, we live on 10 acres and city people seem to dump a lot of cats on the road that in turn find our place. I finally put my foot down and took one of our about 10 miles away and let her out in a suburban neighborhood. She was back in 3 days and has been reproducing ever since. Even the dog likes a couple of them....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Comment

Bumper, if you start running low on cats let me know. We raise Manx cats here at our place. I used to hate cats until I got around some Manx. I even foisted one onto another member here and yet another member sent us up a female to make an outcross on our line.

You sound like you will fit in just fine around her.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
        By the way, Bumper, I happened to have liked the other avatar. Dark and dry humor is appreciated around here. And don't let little Gena fool you into thinking she is all sweet and innocent, because I know for a fact that she eats horsemeat and LIKES it. As a matter of fact, quite a few people around here like horsemeat, so we really aren't that sensitive.

Tex
        Even as a lover of dogs, I like it, too. It just always cracked me up. I may just have to make an avatar up with one of the cats.

I'll pass on the horsemeat for now but if the S ever HTF, I might have to give it a try if the deer and squirrels ever run out....
        Bumper

Comment

Teeexxxx, everyone knows that I am sweet and innocent. I only ate one tiny bite of that horse because of the heavy peer pressure that was laid on me. I did not want to be the only one who did not try it. I will not admit that it may have been the best tasting meat that I have ever had. I will not!!!!!

Bumper, I will not be offended by any cat pictures. Now I am going to get hate mail from all the cat lovers on here.
          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Originally posted by Gena.KY
            I usually like to welcome everyone who joins but I don't like that avatar. I am a big dog lover and it offends me. Now Millenium Man will not be the only one who gets crap from me about their avatar. If you change it, I will like you much better. Not that you care....just sayin'

Avatar? What Avatar? Why can't I see anyone's avatars?

Oh, yeah, Hi Bumper...welcome.

Comment

Bumper,...blah blah blah... Manx. I even foisted one onto another member here and yet another member sent us up a female to make an outcross on our line.

Tex
              Yes he did....if we weren't in the public eye, I might be tempted to use some harsh language!
              20140630_185954.jpg

As for the horsemeat, several of us were able to meet up a couple of months ago, and horsemeat was on the menu. Although most of us were hesitant, I think that we all tried it. Damn good stuff! I was eyeing this one horse, but thought better of it, since someone was on it at the time.
              Last edited by kickstand; 07-24-2014, 03:27 PM.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Bumper, if you start running low on cats let me know. We raise Manx cats here at our place. I used to hate cats until I got around some Manx. I even foisted one onto another member here and yet another member sent us up a female to make an outcross on our line.
                Never had a Manx, at least that I know of but 3 of ours are polydactyl which is sorta cool. Talk about good tree climbers. Anyway, thanks for the offer but if I ever run low on cats around here, I think I will keep my mouth shut.....
                Bumper

Comment

Welcome to the fray Bump... Thank you for your service.. I'm looking forward to seeing some posts...
                  Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome Bump !
                    People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                    ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

welcome bump, Missouri to settle? I won't throw that stone just yet. )
                      Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                        welcome bump, Missouri to settle? I won't throw that stone just yet. )
                        My wife would like to be in Kansas, where her family is from; mine are all in Texas. We settled on Missouri so we could be nearer so we could get there if we needed to. Not to mention we like the area. In a few years, though, wanderlust may take back over again.
                        Bumper

Comment

no worries, bumper, just a Kansas, Missouri jab is all it is. We are looking at Texas in the near future for my family.

RD
                          Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Welcome to the board Bumper, glad you found your way to they asylum and thank you for your service.

And yes, the horse meat was FANTASTIC!
                            Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Welcome from PA Bumper. I was confused Why Gena was having a problem with you Avatar till I read thru a couple pages and see you changed it . Betty there is a setting up top that allows avatars to come thru. I just started getting them a few months ago .

Comment

Howdy and welcome from AZ

Comment

Working...
                                X