No announcement yet.

Hello from Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, my dad was a foreigner. He lived 20 miles from mom, and rode his bike to "court her."
    I spent a year on ancestry research and found a connection to the two families about five generations back. So, I often kid around with them and tell them their cousins and they "inbred" me.
    Not Dead in the Heart of Dixie - Kapper Hill Compound Series, Book I
    Author Website

Comment

And people think I'm joking ...

Do you have any kin among the Cash, Freeman, Burns, Danciu, Bishop, Lewis, Wallace, Hammond, or Gregory families? I can dig up more names, but those are the main ones.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I'm thinking yes on Bishop, Wallace, Lewis, and Hammond. Small world,..hee hee

Off topic question,
        How do I donate to the forum?
        Author Website

Comment

I thought you looked more like mom's side, that's where I get the Lewis, Hammond, and Bishop lines. Amazingly enough, your nose looks more like dad's family, the Cash, Wallace, and Freeman lines. I think you might be a distant cousin two or three ways.

We haven't started any donation methods, though some of us have mentioned the possibility.
          Last edited by W.Lynn; 04-13-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

How far back have you gone? I had DNA at two different places that confirmed Lady Mary Boleyn as one of my great grandma's, and Pocohontas (Rebecca Rolfe).
            I have two grandparents who came on the first Mayflower voyage and signed the Mayflower compact (So we're Mayflower Society), then, they swooped south and east, and multiplied like bunnies
            Author Website

Comment

Sounds like you guys both have family tree's with one branch

Comment

Nope, but the trees are too close together and the branches get tangled.

Comment

Working...
                X