First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do they say "paste eater" and "window licker" in Australian?lol.gif
    You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
    Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

howdy and welcome!
      Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
        Oh that one's good, but it's the unique little places that stick in a traveler's mind. The sandwich stop on the edge of Port Augusta comes to mind.

Ever read Len Beadell's book about the Gunbarrel Road Construction Party? He's very descriptive, and as accurate as can be, describing the conditions out there, it's a good read and very funny.
        The Beadell books are very inspiring, Len was the last great explorer, I met the old geezer when he was guest speaker at a LandRover Club meeting back in the '80's , Now his daughter co-hosts tag along expeditions along some of his roads, I'd like to tag along for the Gunbarell Highway, nothing like first hand information, expensive tho

Comment

Originally posted by doublel View Post
          Welcome, I had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country some years back. Though I spent my time in Tasmania. Please post pics of the wildlife, I know we would all enjoy that.
          Pulled some wildlife pics from our blog,

If you travel the outback you will never go hungry, Kangaroos are the dumbest animal in history, they stand on the side of the road and turn Kamakaze and jump infront of you, specially Dawn & Dusk , its impossible not to hit them. On some roads we counted a dead kangaroo every hundred meters, for 250km

Emus are a little bit smarter, about the same as sheep, they usually run away from a car - not into it like a 'roo

Wedge Tailed Eagle

and Lunch (the Eagles . not mine)

Feral Goats

we even have Feral Deer but too hard to find, Im no hunter and this is only the 3rd Ive spotted in the bush (ever)

probably better just to go straight to the blog
          you guys might find this interesting, http://www.goingbush.com/blog4.html
          the visit to an abandoned uranium mine on 14th was a highlight for me,
          next time I'll bring a geiger counter.

Comment

Let's start an Australia travel thread... All in favor?

Comment

Aye! oh, and Welcome aboard Goingbush.
              Last edited by kickstand; 02-27-2014, 11:48 PM.
              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Mid 70s for me, not much that I remember will be relevant.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                X