No announcement yet.

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Medic! Thank you for all you do! I am not a Medic, or in the military, but am a working EMT. Looking forward to talking with you some.
    http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Don't sell yourself short jag, you may not be military, but you probably have more medical knowledge than many a "doctor" from ages past. And yes, the same goes for many an ER tech, and all our beloved military medics, who maybe didn't invent "ditch medicine" (it's been around forever,) but they sure as hell refined it.
      Last edited by W.Lynn; 12-03-2013, 10:56 PM.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome. I bet you have some stories to tell!
        Revelation 3:16, Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Comment

Thanks to you all for your warm welcomes! Since some were asking, here is some of my background. I grew up in the south. Born in Louisiana and raised in Tennessee. I hope to one day call east Tennessee home again. I joined the Army in 2004. Went through basic, AIT, and Airborne at FT Benning, GA. Did a few years of training at FT Bragg, NC to include a year of medical training. Got to my current unit in Dec of 2007. The unit moved down here to Eglin AFB, FL two years ago. I've been to Afghanistan three times and Central America once. I'm getting ready to (possibly) head down to South America and then I'll be headed back to Afghanistan right when I get back home. "Here am I, send me!" lol I guess you could say my areas of "expertise" are in medicine and other military things.

I got into "prepping" (hate that word, I guess because I hate those idiots on TV on shows like Doomsday Preppers, etc) back when I moved down here to Florida. It started just because of hurricanes. I wanted to have enough food and water in case the power was out for a week or so. Then I got into that show "The Walking Dead". Ever heard of it? ;-) Not that I think zombies are coming, but more of the survival aspects of the show. Having medical supplies on hand, etc. I made up two vehicle kits for each of my rides that contain some tools for vehicle repair, some basic medical supplies, and some survival gear if we were ever stranded somewhere. This included a small pump water filter, a couple 2L Platypus bottles, emergency blanket/tarp, 550 cord, and some other compact gear form SOL(?). After the vehicles were done, I started doing some things around the house. We keep food around to last a few weeks right now. Got a Biolite camp stove last Christmas. :-) I want to do much more. I want to get into growing food in a garden and learning how to can food for long term storage. I want to get a decent supply of Wise Food or Mountain House (or both) going. I want to start packing away bulk food (like flour, rice, etc) into 5gal buckets in mylar bags. I'd like to have a larger water filtration system. I'd also like to have more ammo around and/or the ability to make more ammo (reloading). Lots of things to do. Maybe I'm in the right spot. :-)

As for books, I've never heard of "Lights Out". I'll have to add that one to my list. OSA is coming along well. I'm about half way through. It's tough to find time to read with a wife, a 10yo boy, and a 15mo boy. Not to mention the dog. If anyone ever has any questions about anything to do with medicine, just let me know. :-)
          OG2A4571.jpg

Comment

Great pic of the kids. That's why we do it. Good looking dog too. Like the hopeful rainbow in the sky!
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome sir. Thank you for your service.

I spent Wed-Friday at Benning at the MCOE HQ talking to the MRD guys.

Comment

jeez, a crazy medic!! If you are in this section, you just ain't right in the head.........WELCOME!
                Kessler
                I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
                INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Working...
                X