Howdy from Wyoming and Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watch Ryder View Post
    Mountain Man Mountain Man Livin' on the Plains!

Hey Mike, still buzzin' free here. How's mini-Babylon Greeley treating you?
    Thanks for all of the responses and I don't recognize some but maybe some of you changed your names from another huge board? And good to see the many I do recognize. I think this group will be the best one I have ever joined.

And WR, Greeley is still Greeeley, aka Greality, Greedy Greeley etc. If I have to live in any city then Greeley is probably better than most. I still call it the stinkin city since I think all cities stink with pollution etc. although Greeley is surrounded especially to the east and south by huge cattle feedlots with maybe around half a million plus cattle in several feedlots.

It was named after Horace Greeley, in 1870, who had the idea of a utopian town and one of the only towns / cities that did succeed when begun as a utopia.
    It is on the high plains but has a better view of the Rocky Mtn front range than most, even better than Denver. Early in the morning is the best view.

And this is not the best pic but all I could find quickly showing Greeley, CO in front and the Rocky Mountain front range in the background. Most of those mountains seen are in Rocky Mtn national park about 50 or 60 plus miles to the west of Greeley.

greeley.jpg
    Last edited by Rocky Mtn Mike; 11-08-2013, 03:48 PM.
    Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

Welcome Mike,
      You sir have kept me glued to my screen many an hour reading about your adventures on the mountain, or should I say IN the mountain. I'm very glad you are here. Please feel free to share some of your experiences.
      Kessler
      I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
      INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Kessler View Post
        Welcome Mike,
        You sir have kept me glued to my screen many an hour reading about your adventures on the mountain, or should I say IN the mountain. I'm very glad you are here. Please feel free to share some of your experiences.
        Seems like I have seen you elsewhere on the net and glad to hear you have seen and read what I have spent Many hours putting up onto the net.
        If I ever create a blog then Maybe I can share about All of my various experiences since 1982 when I first dared to call myself a survivalist.

Originally posted by MelissaAnn
        That's just beautiful. I went to Aspen on a working vacation in the mid 90's. I had all of my expenses paid for, but even then everything was incredibly expensive. I was a nanny for a very wealthy family that is why I was there. Your photos are amazing.
        It is the Hollyweird and other people, I should say the extremely rich ones who have taken over Aspen as well as a few other parts of Colorado. I have heard some such as Harrison Ford have taken over Jackson, Wyoming. Guess we cannot say Jackson Hole like it was originally called.

And if you think those two photos I posted are good then wait until you see most, maybe All the photos I have on photobucket and another site. I have quite a few more beautiful mountain pics and many pics of my remote WY mtn retreat / camping spot and next summer I hope to finish a partially underground cabin which will have a built in greenhouse. And Hope to keep the cost under $200 which seems very low but many of the materials are already on my land such as 30 dead lodgpole pine trees, rocks, some lumber, some steel I beams and much much more. Even a bathtub I found a few years ago.
        Too much to tell about but in a new pic thread I will tell and show much much more.

I should maybe create a blog and post as many of my pic threads etc. also.
        Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

Mike, you should write a book or at least a book of many pictures, like a picture on each page and a paragraph or two underneath describing the pic. Call it MOUNTAIN MAN SURVIVALISTS or something like that. I would buy it.

Hope to see many post here. You might copy & paste some of your early post too. Just a suggestion. There are no doubt several on here that are not as familiar with your lifestyle adventures.

Glad you are here, you will be quite an asset to this forum.
          Kessler
          I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
          INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

I love pretty pictures. Please by all means start your own blog on here. We will appreciate it along with the stories that go with the photos.
            PS..do you happen to have a mule named Number 7? Just kidding, I'm really glad you are here with us.
            I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome aboard
              If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Mike, you should write a book or at least a book of many pictures, like a picture on each page and a paragraph or two underneath describing the pic. Call it MOUNTAIN MAN SURVIVALISTS or something like that. I would buy it.

Hope to see many post here. You might copy & paste some of your early post too. Just a suggestion. There are no doubt several on here that are not as familiar with your lifestyle adventures.

It's fiction but there is:

Comment

That's gorgeous Mike...I'm jealous!

Comment

Hey Mike, welcome to our little place. I really liked your threads on SB, we've talked a few times. Really glad you made it here. Sounds like everyone wants you to start a blog, if you want to well set it up for you.
                    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome Mike,
                      When I am on the mtn mainly from mid June to late October, I am on and only sometimes In the mountain. In it when I go into the underground bunker which I will post the long pic thread about that soon.
                      A blog would be good but will have to see about that.

Thanks and Maybe someday I will or can write a book. I am leaving the book writing to others such as angeryamerican and Watch Ryder. WR has just written a new book which I have read quite a bit online when he posted long posts about the Mountain Hold. Which seems to be based on my mtn retreat or Hold as he calls it. There is also a youtube video or two WR created but I will not post a link to that now. I will likely post a pic and video thread about it although on the huge SB forum it was not too popular, maybe the bunker shootout video was too violent or whatever for them?

Originally posted by Gena.KY View Post
                      I love pretty pictures. Please by all means start your own blog on here. We will appreciate it along with the stories that go with the photos.
                      PS..do you happen to have a mule named Number 7? Just kidding, I'm really glad you are here with us.
                      Originally posted by Watch Ryder View Post
                      It's fiction but there is:

I will have to read that someday WR. Maybe you can bring a copy or two to the real life Mtn Hold which is my mtn place / retreat / extreme camp site, hopefully next year will have a strong above ground cabin even.

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
                      Hey Mike, welcome to our little place. I really liked your threads on SB, we've talked a few times. Really glad you made it here. Sounds like everyone wants you to start a blog, if you want to well set it up for you.
                      I would like to have a blog and you guys can set it up for me if you wish. I Hope to post quite a bit in it. My 10 pic threads on the SB have sorta been my blogs. I can only get online whenever I go to a library or right now a McDonalds which is 3 blocks from my city place here in Greeley, CO.
                      So I would not post everyday and sometimes maybe only once a week.
                      Wish I could get internet on the Mtn retreat - Hold but maybe someday. I can go to the small town 12 miles down the mtn to the Encampment, WY library but I actually hate to go to town when on my mtn place.

Anyway, I will post as much as I can when online and if / when I do ever get a blog I will try to make it interesting and info packed.
                      Tested in the Wilderness

Comment

Welcome RMM.

We'll take whatever/whenever you're able to post and we'll probably worry about you when you don't.
                        Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Working...
                        X