No announcement yet.

Prepping for Hygiene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have it in your area look for Zote bar soap , it's made in Mexico an is very close to old home made soap . They use it for washing cloths and takes out body oil stains and dirt real good . I also use it for bath soap , I found it at some Walmarts . The bars are big and here I've found it for 98cents other places over a dollar . When you find it it usually is still soft and good time to cut down to bath sizes , if for cloths leave full size. Also for you fishermen this stuff removes the fish smell from your hands like no other , gets the fish oil off .

Comment

Air - found the Zote at Walmart - use the blue one. It is good stuff. and CHEAP...
      Cut small slices into the washer while it's filling. Works really well and smells good.

Comment

This is supposed to be a response to 'doubel's post.
        I LOVE that you made a point of telling folks that you are living that way now. We try to do the same. We are far from being minimalists, but we are conscious that by making these changes now, you not only prove to yourself that you can live comfortably with these new habits, but in most cases it is much better for the environment and for your body, by avoiding pre-packaged, disposable, chemical laden products.
        Last edited by JJ Homestead; 09-12-2016, 02:16 AM.

Comment

I'm a bit of an Eco-nomist too.. just not in the prepping sense yet. This post is really helpful. Thanks y'all.

Comment

AA, my daughter made herself some with flannel, I forget what the inner layers were, but it was before we got the supply of linen. Since she pairs them with the "moon cup" she never runs out and needs an emergency run to the store. If I were to make some for anyone right now, I would use the linen, with a flannel (not terrycloth) top.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
              AA, my daughter made herself some with flannel, I forget what the inner layers were, but it was before we got the supply of linen. Since she pairs them with the "moon cup" she never runs out and needs an emergency run to the store. If I were to make some for anyone right now, I would use the linen, with a flannel (not terrycloth) top.
              You can use terrycloth on the inside and flannel on the outside as well. Haven't done the linen, yet but sounds nice.
              Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

mom, I usually think of terrycloth as being something for brief use only down there, so I hadn't thought of it for pads or liners - but if someone hasn't got a pile of linen handy, pairing it with something soft sounds like a good idea.

Since I have no need though, I look at it the same way most of the men do - I get to spend the money.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                X