It's official, nearly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great news AA! Congrats!
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
      When I mentioned, "Old Folks Home", as a possible title, I was just teasing.
      T'wern't a joke, that was a vision. Now, conjure up some lottery numbers and we're all gonna be swimmin' in bacon for life!
      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Just don't "Ashes" it to death, and I'll read them all.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Hmm, the subtle things that happen to people, and an author that knows MANY of them.

Scroungers get food poisoning from canned goods that froze/thawed multiple times.

Preppers using poor techniques when canning, smoking, drying, etc.

Pest numbers rise first, then scavenger numbers (feral dogs, coyotes, possums & raccoons,) followed about a year later by an increase in large predators, the larger the pest & scavenger numbers get, the more of the big ones you get later (they breed slower.)

Manicured lawns and landscaping will go away. Buffalo grass, tumbleweeds, kudzu, spanish moss as appropriate.

Things done by the Army Corps of Engineers will either get occupied, or disappear, some things will be more important than maintaining levees when other ports can be used. Some swamps will return to natural.

A few really useful skill sets will be in very high demand, possibly kept as hostages (by official or unofficial BGs.)

Some older, or even very old people, who can teach a few things will be in high demand by smart people.

There will be some tribal Elders watching closely, and some young blood making trouble.

Yeah, I can see quite a few more stories with things happening, and he's probably got a LOT of ideas stacked up.

Comment

I am thinking that with the latest trip, AA just may have some new subject matter to fill several books, not that I am going to point fingers in any direction.

RD
            Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

AA --- Congrats man. Awesome news.

Comment

Glad to hear there will be more books in the series AA. They are great!

Comment

Great news AA .

DD
                  OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Way to Go there AA
                    People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                    ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Good for you brother... Very happy for you and the fam....
                      Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

I hear ya AA. I cant wait for more of the series, I still recall the one day I was at barnes and nobles and found your book by chance. Ive been hooked ever since. The characters, the story, it just works so well together.

Comment

W. - don't forget mother nature!! Storms and even years without a summer... that's why Gramma always had TWO years worth of canning on the shelf -- cause you might not have a good crop one year.

Comment

Thanks, I forgot years without summers. I believe known history records have a few, and the geographical record proves more (aside from ice ages.)

Comment

The suspense is killing me...hurry up and start writing.
                              CONGRATS
                              NICHEVO

Comment

Too bad we can't go back to the origional way it was a written that was way to much fun.
                                Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Working...
                                X