No announcement yet.

book suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree MM I wasn't impressed with Patriots . The grey was ok . short I think I read it in 3 sittings . Lights out took a while. But I thought it was good. I got 3 read plus AA's book 5 so far in 2015. I need to slow down or watch more TV or something.

Comment

tfk, tv is roughly 2% watchable, the rest brain-rot (my numbers.) If you're that desperate, head to the library for the "Odd Thomas" books by Dean Koontz, "Ender's Game" and it's sequels and parallels, "Make Room, Make Room" - etc.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

No one has a crystal ball to know if or when a disaster will strike, but those who plan for it as a community are going to have a better chance of coming out the other side intact, than those attempting to face disaster alone...

Comment

It appears to be unavailable / out of print based on the comments. Listed on Amazon, used at 200.00 http://www.amazon.com/Failure-Civili...re+of+Civility

Comment

I just received my book. ( A Failure of Civility) They were very fast shipping. I thought I posted the link and price.
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Via paypal?

Give us a book review.

Comment

Yes I paid via Paypal.

$29.95 + $4.95 S&H at www.afailureofcivility.com

Here is the table of contents.

image.jpg
                image.jpg
                image.jpg
                image.jpg
                image.jpg
                image.jpg
                Last edited by DMH; 02-12-2015, 08:48 PM.
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

AD, I'm about 1/2 through A Failure of Civility. A lot of it is tactical recommendations for neighborhoods and high-rise buildings. They constantly remind you that you need multiple water sources and food.

I'm going to start a thread for this book, down in Tex's section. Should be finished tomorrow. That way we can toss around tactical/strategy stuff. One thing hit me, so far, that made a big impression - AA covers this kind of thing in a much easier to digest, less pedantic way in the Home series. Morgan's neighborhood - by trial and error, rather than pre-planning, running drills, etc did the same things as recommended in this book.

Comment

Being in a suburban area, I like the tactical recommendations. And yes, AA's book was much more enjoyable!
                    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Just saying high and checking the book thread. Things have been busy, and I have not been around much

Comment

4 good reads. The first one is free on Amazon right now!

The China Pandemic (Graham's Resolution Book 1) [Kindle Edition]
                        A. R. Shaw (Author)

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

AA

How come you are not listed in this same amazon category Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction
                          ?

Comment

Free today on Kindle:

This is a good series if you are looking for something to read.

Steve Bird has authored 4 books in this series. He lives in TN, has started a farm in the past year, is a commercial pilot, military vet and has based his characters of his life.
                            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
                              Free today on Kindle:

This is a good series if you are looking for something to read.

Steve Bird has authored 4 books in this series. He lives in TN, has started a farm in the past year, is a commercial pilot, military vet and has based his characters of his life.
                              Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I just finished Day of Wrath by William R. Forstchen. It was an emotional read, but worth it. It's an entirely plausible scenario.

Comment

For those of you who like Tom Sherry's "Deep Winter", "Shatter" and "Remnant" books here is the link to "Distance". Very good story and very scary possibilities.

http://deepwinterstory.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html The story starts in October of 2010 and ends July 2014 (60 chapters)

"The Deep Winter Blog contains information related to the series of novels Deep Winter, Shatter, Remnant, and Distance. If you have not yet read these in order, (Deep Winter, then Shatter, then Remnant), PDF's are available at Lulu.com, and Kindle versions at Amazon. ‘Distance’ spans the timeline of the first three books, but is a very different experience than the Drummonds. As life allows, I will be posting chapters from Distance as I can. Life is complicated right now."
                                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Working...
                                X