No announcement yet.

book suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

myakka sent me to where you can look up the hams in your area. I think I knew 4 of the ones here & I can't stand any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by AD View Post
      He (Tex) dosent read, he just looks at the sheep catolog photos with one hand.
      I can't imagine using one hand for anything. Too diff.... Ohhhh... Nevermind Still need both hands...
      You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
      Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

There are indications the TPTB have plans , to stifle the segment of media that does not go along with thier version of the news .
        Those are internet viewed sources .
        It would be much more difficult to stop Ham radio news .
        Well it would be if more people were licensed and operated .
        The Nov. 10 incident is an example of the difference in news sources .
        I knew hours before what had happened .

DD
        OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Originally posted by Betty Buckshot View Post
          myakka sent me to where you can look up the hams in your area. I think I knew 4 of the ones here & I can't stand any of them.
          Just avoid them ,,,,the others might be OK ...

DD
          OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

I'm always slow at getting new books (except AA's) I got six new ones yesterday and stayed up half the night reading I started with Patriots BY Rawles I'm a 3rd thru it so far its pretty good It will do till book gets here

Comment

Our Barnes and Noble did not have Book 6 yet. They only had one lonely copy of Survivng Home on the shelf.
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

None of the bookstores are supposed to be selling Resurrecting Home (Bk V) yet. Apparently that is a big no no. I did get an early copy delivered by the author though.

I'm about halfway through Liberators by Rawles and I keep trying to talk myself out of putting it down and place it into the "Give Away" box.
                Very predictable.
                Very cliche.
                Over the top and annoying with the religion.
                Stilted and robotic dialogue.

So far, I'm not impressed.

Tex
                Last edited by Tex; 12-27-2014, 10:41 AM.
                = 2
                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

got to agree the Patriots Is about the same As you said Tex. I'm into it far enough now though that I have to see it thru

Comment

I read Patriots prior to starting to read GH online. I enjoyed it, and it helped me to start prepping. I was looking forward to Survivors, the second book by Rawles. What a disappointment! I've read owner's manuals that were more interesting. As I read it, I kept thinking that it HAD to get better. I was wrong.
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Finished reading - on-line @ traditionalright.com a really good - to me - book called "Victoria." Combination SHTF, post-secession, 4th gen novel, with some philosophical discussion and further reading suggestions sprinkled in. It was quick, not too heavy. And, while the book continues for a few chapters in a paid form, it ends on-line at a natural stopping point which did not make me crazier than usual.
                      "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

ABT - had been following that one too. Good read....

Comment

These are the 6 I got.

A few chapters to go on patriots. a little bit to much instruction's and specs and not quite enough action for me . I'll finish it but wait for AA's latest to arrive before I read the others. I'm a one book at a time kinda guy.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I just finished Lights Out by David Crawford last night. A few things were predictable but it had a lot of twists and turns in it to keep me sucked in. I thought it was very good. TFK

Comment

Originally posted by tfk View Post
                              These are the 6 I got.

A few chapters to go on patriots. a little bit to much instruction's and specs and not quite enough action for me . I'll finish it but wait for AA's latest to arrive before I read the others. I'm a one book at a time kinda guy.
                              TFK, Rawles is an instruction manual writer, not a story teller. And he doesn't like "pottymouth" words. Rarely does his work get realistic or even interesting. Great ideas in the books, but little else.
                              You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
                              Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

I posted this over in The Walking Dead thread and thought i would post it here as well.

Just finished reading W J Lundy's series A Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Novels . Escaping the Dead, Tales of the Forgotten, Only the Dead Live Forever, Walking in the Shadow of Death and Something to Fight For.

If you like TWD, these novels are about a group of soldiers serving in Afghanistan and their road to get back to the States after the SHTF zombie outbreak. Excellent read.

W. J. Lundy is a still serving Veteran of the U.S. Military with service in Afghanistan. He has over 14 years of combined service with the Army and Navy in Europe, the Balkans and Southwest Asia. W.J. is an avid athlete, writer, backpacker and shooting enthusiast. He currently resides with his wife and daughter in Central Michigan.

"I developed the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot series from notes and ideas I had put together while deployed to Afghanistan. I had been jokingly asked how we would defend against a zombie attack. Escaping the Dead was written in a small spiral notebook and later clicked one key at a time into a word document once I arrived back home. At the success of the short story the series was born.

All along I wanted to tell a story that portrays the military that I know, the people I serve with, their characteristics, and something that shows our true actual capabilities. These are my thoughts, I hope you enjoy them, and thank you for reading."
                                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Working...
                                X