No announcement yet.

book suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK folks, I need somebody to talk me into springing for the Joe Nobody Holding their own Book 1. I read on a kindle and have a hard time bringing myself to paying $ 9.99 for an ebook. There is just too much free stuff out there. I draw the line at around $5 unless there is something really special about a book or I can use it for a reference later. Other options?

Comment

You can borrow on kindle for free. It is not difficult. You give the person you want to borrow from your email address that you use for your amazon account. The lender logs into their amazon & selects lend this book, then types in the borrower's email. The borrower gets an email from amazon, then logs in & accepts the loan. You have 14 days, then it disappears from your kindle.

I have Holding Their Own book 1, but like you, having trouble convincing myself to buy the others. I'd be willing to lend the first one to you if you want. PM me your email address if you want it.

Comment

BB

Something I learned is that you can only lean each book ONCE!

I lent a ham radio Tech book to one of the boys in "The Stan" and went to lend it a second time and the option was not there.

Comment

good to know AD, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty Buckshot View Post
            You can borrow on kindle for free. It is not difficult. You give the person you want to borrow from your email address that you use for your amazon account. The lender logs into their amazon & selects lend this book, then types in the borrower's email. The borrower gets an email from amazon, then logs in & accepts the loan. You have 14 days, then it disappears from your kindle.

I have Holding Their Own book 1, but like you, having trouble convincing myself to buy the others. I'd be willing to lend the first one to you if you want. PM me your email address if you want it.
            Thanks. I'll send a PM with some stuff you might be interested in.

Comment

Oh and not all books are allowed to be shared via Kindle edition. Its up to the publisher to decide if they want to ply.

Comment

The time has come once again , for me to implore those that have not yet done so , to get
                " The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual " .

The American Radio Relay League (ARRL) is the national association for amateur radio, connecting hams around the U.S. with news, information and resources.

Others promote Hamtestonline
                Please do it before it is to late .

"I wish I did" doesn't do squat once it is to late .(except promote regret )

You must practice the craft while the resources are available , to help with any difficulties that you may encounter.

Please

DD
                OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Reading /studying would also be a big help .
                  Those with more information on the subject of Ham radio are more than welcome to reply .

DD
                  OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

We have beaten this into their heads for years. i think less than 5 of the core group has gotten their ticket.

I recommend books, books and more books. There are links to the PDF files of the ARRL manuals that I have posted in the past to no avail.

You can lead a horse to water, but they wont be able to operate a ham radio to save their ass.

Comment

I think that some are afraid that, should TSHTF, they might have to talk to AD, me or DD.
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

They should be so lucky.

Comment

I'm surprised text can read
                          Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

He (Tex) dosent read, he just looks at the sheep catolog photos with one hand.

Comment

That was really really funny. And really really mean.

I liked www.hamexam.org It was free, and offers flash card style practice, practice tests, etc. You can also just go through the whole question bank over and over.
                              "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Here is another from my website
                                Free ham radio flash cards, practice tests, and question pools as well as introduction to ham radio and explanations for questions.

More can be found here on my site

Comment

Working...
                                X