Clear All

Who is the author of Deep Winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Concerned Dad View Post
      Who is the author of Deep Winter?
      Thomas Sherry

'All it takes for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing.'

Comment

I have finished the first book of the "Holding Their Own" series, by Joe Nobody and thought it was pretty good. It doesn't rise to the level of AA's books but ya have to do something while waiting between book.

A book that I would highly recommend, if you haven't read it, is "Term Limits" by Vince Flynn. I have read all of his books and they were all really good but Term Limits is a good read considering all of the problems we currently have in our country. It is not, though, related to preparedness. Still a great read.
        Bumper
        Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Comment

Another trilogy of interest is Dark Grid by David Waldron

Defund the Media !!

Comment

Jernigan's War also fits well into our library.

And a big "+1" on the recommended Term Limits!
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Kick,
              Just finished the last of the Deep Winter series. I really enjoyed them. Now off to the next books. I hate when I finish a good series like that with no books to follow.

Comment

I am slowly reading the Matthew Bracken trilogy Kickstand and ClownsRule sent me. At the moment I am reading Domestic Enemies, The Reconquista, which is the second of the series.

These are some very good books and being as how they were written several years, quite a few parts within them were very prophetic and have played out in reality.

Tex
                = 2
                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Read the trilogy already. I thought they were very well written. I got them free when a link was posted

Comment

Ya cheap bastard...
                    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Red,
                      I'm glad that you enjoyed them. You can read what is probably most, if not all, of the 4th Deep Winter books as it is written online at the Author's blog.
                      Be warned, the last post was July 4. I haven't read his posts in quite a while, so I don't know if that's the end of the book, or if life has just gotten in the way of writing.
                      Distance covers the same time frame as the other 3 books, but is from a different perspective from the Drummond family.

The Deep Winter Blog contains information related to the series of novels Deep Winter, Shatter, Remnant, and Distance. If you have not yet read these in order, (Deep Winter, then Shatter, then Remnant), PDF's are available at Amazon. ‘Distance’ spans the timeline of the first three books, but is a very different experience than the Drummonds. As of April 2018, Distance is now available in Kindle and hardcopy format on Amazon.

Edit: I knew you were enjoying them when you asked about the lawn mower generator.
                      Last edited by kickstand; 09-13-2014, 04:20 PM.
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Just finished Forschstens "Day of Wrath," This novella by New York Times bestselling author William R. Forstchen imagines a horrifying scenario where, in the course of one day, the terrorist group ISIS carries out massacres in schools and on highways across the United States. With a surprisingly small but well-organized and ruthless force, the nightmarish devastation brings America to a state of near-paralysis.

e book only..

Comment

Other good books..
                          Ray Gorham - 77 days in September & Daunting Days of Winter
                          A.R.Shaw - Graham's Resolution The China Pandemic & The Cascade Preppers
                          Steven Konkoly - The Jakarta Pnademic, The Perseid Collapse, Event Horizon & Point of Crisis
                          Joel C. Rosenburg - The Twelfth Imam
                          Chris Stewart - The Great and Terrible - The Complete Series
                          Matthew D. Mark - Dark Days Troubled Times & Dark Days Rough Roads

That will keep you busy for a little while!
                          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Day of Wrath, absolutely horrifying

Comment

Hey PSY

Where have you been? Dont tell me fishing.......

Comment

Originally posted by Betty Buckshot View Post
                                Day of Wrath, absolutely horrifying
                                Now I'm afraid to drive on the danged interstate

Comment

Working...
                                X