No announcement yet.

Finally ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wander I can relate. I'm currently on two acres, but it's in the city. I love the house but I'm leaving it to head back to Florida where I'll have five acres with adjoining five my buddy owns, only thing on it is a Zebu bull. Not to mention he owns the ten across the street he lives on, cannot wait. I'm getting chickens as soon as I get settled, courtesy of Vincent. Plus there are some goats in my near future as well as some hogs and possibly a couple head of cattle.

This place is in the county, I does not do well inside the city limits.
    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Congrats on being out of debt, hope the change (and the extra acres) come easily.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Thanks all. I was not upset Tex. I'm certainly going to do my best to nab up the 7.5 acres additional property.

I looked it up, there is no zoning at all where I'm moving. That rocks.

Comment

So we ended up with a different property, 5 acres, and surrounded by pasture and forest. I cannot see another building or house. With luck we can sell our current house and within a few weeks. Really looking forward to this.

Comment

Congrats! Is "pasture" one of those code words for clear line of sight?
            Last edited by W.Lynn; 08-12-2014, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Sounds really nice.
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Awesome... Congrads
                Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Pasture means that cows graze on the land behind me...

Comment

I see cows all the time, they're in all the fields that don't have any cover ("cover" seems to be a code word for places snakes might like to hide and ruin a nice walk.)

Comment

now if you could just figure out a way to capture the methane gas from the cow piles, you would have an endless supply of fuel for generators and other such things. just kidding wander, its my jealousy coming out. glad you have a place that you like to call home.

Comment

Afraid the cow pies are more valuable piled where you want next year's veggie patch (that's code for "venison and hasenpfeffer bait.")

Comment

Originally posted by Concerned Dad View Post
                          now if you could just figure out a way to capture the methane gas from the cow piles, you would have an endless supply of fuel for generators and other such things. just kidding wander, its my jealousy coming out. glad you have a place that you like to call home.
                          I think they did that in Road Warrior Thunderdome, right? Haha

Comment

Congrats wander.....you have more with the 5 acres and location than a lot of people wish they had.
                            NICHEVO

Comment

Working...
                            X