No announcement yet.

Forsaking Home Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and count me in for another chance. If I win, I'll call Vincent every night and read him a chapter. And after we finish the book, I'll send it to AD. I promise!
    NICHEVO

Comment

• Count me in, please.
      Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

• Mornin ya'all
        Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

• Count me in

Comment

• Count me in .
            Shame is just a word if you don't feel it .

DD
            OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

• Originally posted by VINCENT View Post
              Mornin ya'all
              Morning!

is that the plural form of y'all?

Comment

• Bog, it's a lot like "you," you can address a group, and say "you" and it means them.

You can use y'all, and you can use "all y'all."

I think Vincent's use might be regional, or it may just be specific to Vincent.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

• Count me in.

Comment

• You'ns should know Vinny has a unique take on spelling.
                    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

• Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                      Bog, it's a lot like "you," you can address a group, and say "you" and it means them.

You can use y'all, and you can use "all y'all."

I think Vincent's use might be regional, or it may just be specific to Vincent.
                      That makes perfect sense!
                      lol

Comment

• Just don't use "all y'all" when you're only speaking to one or two people, unless you're referencing their much larger groupings (work, family, social.)

"We got catering for the company shindig. Clem's bringing in the field office, all y'all should be there too."

Comment

• Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                          Just don't use "all y'all" when you're only speaking to one or two people.
                          True story. I moved from Boulder, CO to Valrico, FL when I was entering the 6th grade. Having never heard the "southern dialect" before... One day the teacher looked squarely at me and said "y'all stop talking!" My response was "what's a y'all?" And she promptly sent me to the principles office for being a smart azz. School called my dad, he came to the school and they told him I was being a smart azz to the teacher in class. I had to tell him what I said, and dad looked at the principle and said "what's a y'all?" Verbatim as I had done. They didn't find it as amusing as we did... It was one of the few times I actually got in trouble at school and didn't get "in trouble" once I got home.

It is definitely a "location joke", and you'd have to have been there, but it was pretty good at the time. Lol

that story has to be good enough to win the book right???

Comment

• We have a winner! Using the old random number generator Melissa Ann got it, send me a PM and I'll mail it out.

Forsaking contest.jpg
                            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

• Nice, congrats!

Thanks for this one too AA

Comment

• I won!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X