No announcement yet.

Please support ALL American Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if it says "Made in USA" doesn't mean all the "added stuff" wasn't made in China or somewhere outside the USA. Beware of things that say "Distributed by" too. Just looked in my pantry at FOOD stuff and I have stuff from Thailand, Argentina, China, Philippines as well as some USA, but the Wal-Mart brand foods say "Distributed by....." which I can only surmise to mean outside of the USA or unknown.

I will say the Ocean Spray Cranberry Sauce says "Made in the USA with North American Cranberries" which probably means it has or could have cranberries from Canada, but I can live with that.

I wish it was mandatory that all food products had to list exactly where any and all food or additives within the package (or can) had to be labeled. You may have a can of something that says "Made in USA", but what about any spices or additives that was put in that product?

Hell, even stuff marked "Made in USA" may have its packaging or can made in China or elsewhere. Think of this scenario: You have a food product that says Made in USA, but the cardboard packaging might be made overseas with cardboard that has rats or feces mixed into the cardboard or paper packaging? Is the cardboard box really 100% clean cardboard?

LOL....you just can't win!
    Last edited by Kessler; 03-24-2014, 10:46 AM.
    Kessler
    I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
    INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

NAFTA and the participating countries from the south have fought tooth and nail against COOL (Country of Origin Labeling) and that is why we do not have it here. The fact that 2/3 of the beef packing industry in this country is owned by interests from Brazil is another reason. We are getting cattle shipped in here from the south that have tested positive for brucellosis and foot and mouth disease, but nothing is ever said about that. The reason being, is because the packers can buy those cattle a heel of a lot cheaper than cattle from here. And because they can buy those cattle so much cheaper, that is a major factor in what sets the price for American cattle. I have talked alot about what goes on in the beef industry and I have only touched on the very tip of it. They can send cattle over here from the south and once it has been fed for a certain number of days in this country, it is then a US product.

China has been trying to get into our processed chicken market for years. Recently they were finally able to meat the criteria and pass their needed inspections. It took them several times before they were able to get their processing plants in good enough shape in order to pass the inspections needed to sell food in the US. What has had little press though, is these plants will not be inspected daily, or even weekly. There will be periodic inspections every so often, by Chinese inspectors and not by the USDA. Here is the kicker though, they will be getting US raised chicken that they will then turn into chicken nuggets, strips or whatever and once processed, they send it back here and it will have a US Product label on it. It will not have anything on the label about it being run through some cesspool processing plant in china.

China is the same country that was sending tainted dogfood over here that ended up killing a bunch of family pets.

It is one thing to have to buy clothes or electronics from somewhere else, but we "Should" be able to trust our food sources. Now we can't even do that. Eventhough it may cost more, find a local source that you trust for your food.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I have a local farm here that sells beef & pork. I got a 4 pack of regular pork chops (not thick or thin) for $15.50. They tasted much better than store bought....but damn! I cannot afford to buy it at that price when the grocery has a 4 pack for $5. I would love to buy local meat but it costs way too much for me. I do try to buy most everything else that is made in the US.
        I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

One ALL AMERICAN company that I would like to support more is Henry Rifles. Their motto is "Made in America or not made at all ".
          Henry Repeating Arms is the leading lever-action firearms manufacturer in the USA. All Henry rifles and shotguns are "Made in America, Or Not Made At All."

logo.png

I absolutely LOVE their TV commercial where a homeowner starts going through the house and hauling everything that's not Made in USA out to the front lawn. Stereo, TV, dishes, furniture, Mother-in-law, etc. Pretty soon the lawn is piled high, and the house is empty except for his Henry Rifle mounted above the fireplace (not my idea of the best place for a rifle).
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Here is a company that I would like to support. Their shop is set up in a nice little town on the outskirts of St. Louis. For now I am just window shopping!

"Designed & Crafted in the Land of the Free"

Last edited by DMH; 03-29-2014, 10:36 AM.
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Here's one place I just found a week ago. They make some !!AWESOME!! 550 cord bracelets, handmade in the USA. And best of all, they sell the components individually.

We design everyday gear with added functionality, giving people the power to do more with what they wear every day. We’re on a mission to increase every individual’s capability and to equip people with the confidence to take on each and every challenge, every step of the way.

I don't know if I'd ever drop that much coin on their higher end bracelets, but I got some of their DIY stuff and will be working it into my own bracelet when it arrives.

TLR

Comment

We like SOE - Special Operations Equipment. His logo slogan is: Made in the M'Fn USA. Quite the character, but topnotch products.

The tags have changed and the name is a little different, but the more things change, the more things stay the same. Original S.O.E. Gear has always been -- and remains -- committed to producing the finest tactical gear available, at a fair price.

And I'll make a plug for GAL Gage Co for welding gauges, too.

G.A.L. Gage Company :: Alignment, Measurement & Weld Measuring Gauges
                Last edited by Sacajawea; 05-16-2014, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting all of this. I'd gladly support these companies

Comment

Working...
                  X