Quest for a new job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jag06 View Post
    I guess I need to write a book so you guys can get me a new career then. Maybe title the book, "Dodo are not Extinct: EMS Stories", "Counting Drug Addicts", "Can I Drink My Beer on the way to the Hospital", "Ambulance Taxi", "Free Healthcare for Dummies". So many to choose from, guess I need to start writing. After writing those names, some of them might make good titles, maybe I should trademark those so no one steals them lol.
    That's actually a catchy idea. If you want to start something we can set you up something for it and see how it goes.

Comment

Sheesh, when you're done with the first one, be sure to come to Austin one summer. You can get a whole second book by volunteering at ROT Rally one year. And there's always a lot of music, some of the food is pretty good too.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by unseenone View Post
        That's actually a catchy idea. If you want to start something we can set you up something for it and see how it goes.
        Think I need a few more years in EMS to have enough good stories for a book. I hear a lot of other EMS guys talk about writing a book, most of them have been in it for 15+ years. I have a few good ones, not enough for a book, but I guess it depends on the other kind of book. I used to enjoy writing school papers and things, have been told I was good enough to write, my grammar sucks though lol. I have thought about writing a fiction story for a while, just never got around to it.
        http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Grammar hell, you read AA's first couple of books didn't you?

Comment

Jag,
            I want to hear the one about the guy who asked if he could take his beer along for the ride to the hospital. Just do a paragraph here & there. We will say we like it or we will make fun of you. Of course I won't make fun of you but some of these mean old guys on here may. Take a chance, be brave.
            I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Some guys here would take their whiskey in the ambulance, they just wouldn't mention the flask.

Comment

Hell ya, whiskey is expensive!
                If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Originally posted by Gena.KY View Post
                  Jag,
                  I want to hear the one about the guy who asked if he could take his beer along for the ride to the hospital. Just do a paragraph here & there. We will say we like it or we will make fun of you. Of course I won't make fun of you but some of these mean old guys on here may. Take a chance, be brave.
                  I will see if I can write that story a little later tonight, trying to get packed up for a trip this weekend. Funny you brought this story up though consider I only mentioned it once on here I think in chat, I had that same guy come up to me and my partners a week ago, drunk again, wanting to go the the hospital again. This time he got his beer in before he stepped in the ambulance.

Lynn: You are right about that, AA sucks so bad at it, no one would notice how bad mine is lol.
                  http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Sometimes a move can land you a job and substantially more dinero. I don't know how mobile you are, however I see ads for EMT's here all the time. Chattanooga TN and North West Georgia area. We have some great secluded mountain camping, hiking, fishing, man you name it. If it's outdoor fun it's here man, it's here.

Comment

They are hiring EMTs all around here as well
                      According to my watch the time is now
                      Past is dead and gone
                      Don't try to shake it just nod your head
                      Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

The coal mines have on site EMT's?

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                        Jag, I sure hope things work out for you and you can get on with the county. If you ever decided to move, I know for a fact that the coalmines here are always looking for people with your skillset. Your starting pay would be somewhere in the high 20's to the low 30's I would imagine. You would get in plenty of hours with lots of time off to pursue your other interests. Let me know if you would like further information.

Tex

Comment

Working...
                        X