Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reviews, Events, Links

Never said it wasn't.

Might get him over here in a while, give him time to read a bit more from the "hot, new writer" (I think I used the phrase "swollen-headed" though.)
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

You did mention he took an early retirement so he can roll in money, right?

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

I don't think I made any money jokes, but I did invite them over here.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Originally posted by "W.Lynn" post=3710
          One of the guys from preparedham just posted that he was finished with the first e-book, so I helpfully gave him a link for his next fix. He bought it and posted a thanks in very little time.

I'm starting to feel a little dirty.
          That would be me ...

I just finished reading the Kindle version of Going Home and couldn't put it down. Polished it off in just a few nights. I wasn't aware that the sequel was out yet until this morning. Promptly ordered Surviving Home this morning and blasted through Chapter 3.

Just a great series of books and I hope more folks read them!

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Welcome aboard, we're all big fans here.. Please spread the word, and post reviews on Amazon and Barnes & Noble if possible.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Originally posted by "XJP5" post=3742
              That would be me ...

I just finished reading the Kindle version of Going Home and couldn't put it down. Polished it off in just a few nights. I wasn't aware that the sequel was out yet until this morning. Promptly ordered Surviving Home this morning and blasted through Chapter 3.

Just a great series of books and I hope more folks read them!
              Yeah buddy! Thought you might like it here, some of the same crowd and all.

As for the books, better story than that blasted Ashes series, and I honestly like it better than One Second After (I know, prepper heresy, right?)

If we're really lucky, AA may have as much in him as that J.K. Rowling brit. I liked those too, and I know she made some dough, the books and movies are still available for sale.

Any hints for us AA? One consecutive series? A few parallel trilogies so you can play out different ideas for different climates and terrains?

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Yeah. How about one that takes place in Hawai'i.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Originally posted by "Kailani Kealoha" post=3763
                  Yeah. How about one that takes place in Hawai'i.
                  That would be a major eruption, there wouldn't be anything left.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Or a tsunami that takes out the west coast ports. We'd be starving in three days. . And yeah, fire up Mauna Loa and Ka'ala just to mix things up.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Originally posted by "unseenone" post=3743
                      Welcome aboard, we're all big fans here.. Please spread the word, and post reviews on Amazon and Barnes & Noble if possible.
                      Thanks very much. This seems like a great bunch of folks here.

Originally posted by "W.Lynn" post=3760
                      Yeah buddy! Thought you might like it here, some of the same crowd and all...
                      I see some of the same "characters" we have over at Prepared Ham, floating around AA's forum here. Poor guy! Does he know what he's in for yet? (j/k)

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Hey XJP5

We have talked KK into studying for her HAM lic.

KK email mr(you have it) if you have questions on the material or you can call me or Wlynn or XJP5 or others for helping you out.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

I thought you were prepping, you should have at least a couple weeks of food stashed. It would take that long for us to get a sailboat and head that way, weather permitting.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

I am prepared somewhat. I bought a 50 pound bag of rice at Costco last week.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Welcome to the nuthouse X. I haven't been over to the ham site in a while, soon as I finish #3 here I'm going to study for my ticket as well. Glad to have you here and really glad you like the books.

As for more of this series, don't know yet. penguin has the contract on it so we'll have to see how it goes, course I could always "but it" back from them. Hopefully it will do well and we'll keep on rolling. I have some other story lines in mind as well so we'll see.
                              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Reviews, Events, Links

Rice and fish, what else is there. K, you ever heard of a book called An Island to Myself, I think that's the title. You should look for it, really cool read about a guy who lives on an island in the Pacific for years alone. His name is Tom something, I'll look for the book and get the correct title.
                                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                                X