Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My true outdoor stories out of Africa....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He did indicate some vague time in the past, so this rogue baboon might have been before the other story. There's also adrenaline to consider, can make you forget things.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

If their not endangered why would they let them that close to people , that's plain insane .

Comment

They wild animals, they live there natively. Kind of like trying to tame the wild animals in lets say.. Chicago.. It does not matter what you want to let them do, the won't listen...

Comment

Now here is an interesting bit of news; a venomous monocled cobra has escaped near Austin, Texas after biting and killing an 18-year-old pet store employee. Austin Animal Services is not going to look for the snake. “It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack,” said Austin Animal Services spokeswoman.

A venomous monocled cobra has escaped near Austin, Texas after biting and killing an 18-year-old pet store employee who was keeping it at his home. Grant Thompson was found unresponsive…

Comment

Since Gena rarely comes around anymore to worry, I'm going to suggest that you keep Drake close by and away from that area.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Snake was found, it attempted to cross the frontage road, and didn't make it. A lot of people don't either, many people get run over here every year trying to cross the road.

Comment

Thankfully, the snake not making it may have saved human lives.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Hi guys, i,m back after a wonderful time with the kids and grand children. Did a lot of camping as well as some (unsuccessful!) Spearhunting too this year. But as always, its the hunt (experience) ,and not the kill (blood) anymore thats important to me nowadays. Will put up lots of photos though...
                  Most, but not all taken by me or just beautiful animal shots.

Tex, I encountered this baboon while waiting in ambush for a warthog with my spear, luckely he didn,t spot me...lol00

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studio_20150814_071937.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	130502
                  Sometimes the mind can not comprehend what the eye can not see...

Comment

Saw this beautiful waterbuck trophy at a hunting lodge..

Name:	Studio_20150821_202757.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	130505

Name:	FB_IMG_1440181302387.jpg
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	130504
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Observe; 08-27-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

My recently received custom made 5' brute of a little bushcraft knife,seen here in the company of another no-nonsense brute out of Africa...

Name:	FB_IMG_1440739108073.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	130508

Comment

I have an addiction to sharp things. Very nice bushcraft knife. I am curious, with all that you do in the bush, what knives do you use? Find most useful? Sizes? Favorites? Those that are worthless?

Comment

Redman2006, I share your passion for sharp pointy things...
                          Depending what i do or hunt (or with what i hunt!) I have usually more than one knife on my person at any given time, + some others back in camp as well!
                          There is no perfect blade that can do everything 100% !!
                          A knife is purpose build tool for a specific job, though it can do other jobs as well
                          In Usa you could propably do more with a smaller 5' blade due to the higher rainfall and softer wood than in dry, very hard wood Africa where the gp knife would be bigger and heavier.
                          I am a firm believer in permanently carring 3 blades, a quality lock blade multitool , a shorter fixed blade skinner/ bushcrafter and a bigger 7" cold steel recon scout on my person while hunting, and back at camp i have a mora for general food preparation etc..
                          This is my set-up for handgun hunting (a big bladed Bowie).

Name:	20150819_140844.jpg
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	130518

Comment

My normal 3- blade carry...

Name:	098B620B7BBD4AC682F72A5905860EFB.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	130519

Comment

The multi tool is probably a good idea. I just never warmed to them. A good folder is always on hand.

I probably don't need bigger knives, but large blades are just a pleasure to use. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Once upon a time,long-long ago....

Name:	Studio_20150813_123751.jpg
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	130522

Comment

Working...
                                X